997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Post your high mileage 997 here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing I would worry about on a heavily tracked GT3 is the coolant pipe connector joints. They do come loose resulting in coolant loss and a possile very twitchy rear end.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I'm enjoying still having under 40,000!

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Well, that didn't last long!!! I hit 40,000 today!!!

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 PM
evolveC4 is on a distinguished road
Little over 86000, just drove from Long Beach to Vancouver Canada and back, 3500 mile trip!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by evolvec4
little over 86000, just drove from long beach to vancouver canada and back, 3500 mile trip!
sweeeeet!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by evolveC4
Little over 86000, just drove from Long Beach to Vancouver Canada and back, 3500 mile trip!
Reps to you!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:53 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evolveC4
I've done the same trip twice, once in my 07 Targa 4S, and then in my current 06C2S cab. I love road trips in these cars. Great way to bond with the car.
Congrats on DRIVING your car, and glad to hear it is still purring along at 86000 miles, and that you're still willing to take long road trips in it. Keep it up.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:08 AM
evolveC4 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys, you know, it did even burn a drop of oil, the level was the same
As when I started the trip.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 AM
300cd300sdl911 is on a distinguished road
Hey speaking about trips we put 8 k on two summers ago driving from Ct to Ca. Up to redwood forest and back down PCH. Eventually over to Tuscon to visit friends then onto Nashville and Blue Ridge Parkway before returning home. Our 2007 Targa 4S provided to be an amazing ride. Just enough room in the trunk for one carry on size bag. Opening targa hatch allowed easy access to fill back seats with extra stuff.
Had the car checked out before trip and had brakes
done.
No mechanical issues experienced during the 3 plus week trip. Amazingly mpg was just a touch over 27 also.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Todd00000 is on a distinguished road
I'm looking for a used 997, besides what is it called IMS/RMS, what else should I look for on a high mileage 997?

Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I've done the same trip twice, once in my 07 Targa 4S, and then in my current 06C2S cab. I love road trips in these cars. Great way to bond with the car.
Congrats on DRIVING your car, and glad to hear it is still purring along at 86000 miles, and that you're still willing to take long road trips in it. Keep it up.
My wife and I took ours from Olympia, WA, all the way to San Diego, then to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Santa Fe, Oklahoma City, and then all the way to Virginia Beach. We also made various other stops along the way. Unpacking it at our stops was like unpacking a clown car, but we had the time of our life with some fantastic stories to match!

Old 01-21-2012, 11:08 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 300cd300sdl911
No mechanical issues experienced during the 3 plus week trip. Amazingly mpg was just a touch over 27 also.
I agree, the Targa is a great car for a long trip. I could never get 27 mpg in my Targa. I think the best I ever got on a tank was 25 or so. What speed do you cruise at to get 27mpg?
Congrats on the great sounding trip.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
300cd300sdl911 is on a distinguished road
Personally, I find 27 mpg difficult to believe however all gas fills and mileage were logged only my iPhone app. All I can say is we did quite a bit of cruising a 80 mph plus in 6 th gear.
It certainly was an amazing journey. Third time we've done it. First time in a Porsche.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by 300cd300sdl911
07 C4S Targa just under 80k. No big problems so far.
I like hearing that!

Old 02-20-2012, 04:09 PM
spooling is on a distinguished road
It's great to hear about all these Porsche's making these long road trips. I have been planning an amazing road trip this summer starting in ny and making my way across the Us into Colorado and up Pike's peak. Then up into the Canadian rockies into Banff and Jasper. And eventually down the Pch. I have been debating on taking the 997 TT or my Audi a3 tdi. I really think the turbo will take this trip over the top. I know there are benefits to both but the Porsche will be once in a lifetime. I was thinking about taking 4-5 weeks for the trip.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your high mileage 997 here