997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Let's See Your Rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:42 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
The reverse light section 'magically' illuminates white when in reverse Not quite sure how that works
Yeah, not sure how it works either? I'm always in the car when I put it in reverse.

When I ordered the car it was considered a "Porsche Exclusive". I thought the all red looked much cleaner on a darker body. Although I like the clear/white on white and silver cars.

I saw a Lexus today almost the same color as mine (Atlas Grey) and he had a light smoked film on his tail lights. I liked it, toned them down just enough. Considering getting done when I take my car in for a fresh window tint on the drivers side. My wife nicked with her ring last week as well curbed my carbon chin spoiler! It was an expensive day.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:56 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VID997

Considering getting done when I take my car in for a fresh window tint on the drivers side. My wife nicked with her ring last week as well curbed my carbon chin spoiler! It was an expensive day.
And she IS worth every penny!......

Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sameerg
This has to be the best picture i have ever seen of a 997 rear.

Sorry, I have to disagree

Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2011, 08:55 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
The reverse light section 'magically' illuminates white when in reverse Not quite sure how that works
oh thanks bonehead, I ment how does it shine white thru a red lense?
I know how it works but normally the lense area for a reverse light is clear or white. Magically tss

Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VID997
Yeah, not sure how it works either? I'm always in the car when I put it in reverse.

When I ordered the car it was considered a "Porsche Exclusive". I thought the all red looked much cleaner on a darker body. Although I like the clear/white on white and silver cars.

I saw a Lexus today almost the same color as mine (Atlas Grey) and he had a light smoked film on his tail lights. I liked it, toned them down just enough. Considering getting done when I take my car in for a fresh window tint on the drivers side. My wife nicked with her ring last week as well curbed my carbon chin spoiler! It was an expensive day.

Yeah every woman Ive ever had in my car left a mark. They take that saying to far. As if your going to love/think of them more for the mark they leave on your car. Gotta really read between the lines with the ladies ive learned. Sad to hear about your damages. I wont let her drive my car because of it, she doesnt care like I do.

As for the lights, as I imagined most people on here would have understood what I was getting at, Bonehead didnt so I should be more clear, Most lights have a white/clear box or area of the lenses that shines thru white for reverse. I was just wondering how yours lights up white.. maybe i should have asked bonehead first.

Originally Posted by 2muchtime
that's a fine fine a$$ wow. I think im in love

Last edited by lopro; 12-29-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 AM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Here's mine...

and...

Old 12-29-2011, 11:40 AM
amazing cup wing. love the extended uprights and the turnup exhaust. Is that sharkwerks? Great looking .2

Old 12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lopro
amazing cup wing. love the extended uprights and the turnup exhaust. Is that sharkwerks? Great looking .2
BR Racing in Los gatos. Great guys did a awesome job on the wing. The turnups were a last minute remedy for a failed exhaust valve. They pulled the tips drove to salinas got it weld and I only missed a single session, great track support.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:40 PM
turnups looks badass in my opinion. I like it very much.

BR racing and I are going thru a cup wing at the moment. they are very good to deal with. Nice car man great pic above. It looks very cuppy in the pic. thanks for the responce to btw

Old 12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Simple back...

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
What a great thread!
Thanks VID997 for the link.
As I am equally fond of my car's a$$ as with the other female type (for different reasons mind you) here is my contribution to the thread.
Pre-dectane and pre ceramic coated dual tips, pre matte black turbo emblem, and post all of the above plus Europipe (thats why the tips are slightly outwards in the newer pics).

black rear emblem hard to see under flash photography and too much shining action. This is a better angle.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
RacerRm1 is on a distinguished road
Gotta love that 911 rear end

Attached Images   
Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Djork will become famous soon enoughDjork will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RickB
Here ya go...

I like your spoiler! What kind is it and where can I get one?

Old 01-02-2012, 12:44 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by Djork
I like your spoiler! What kind is it and where can I get one?
This one looks like it....

http://misha911.com/gallery/997/997/...T2M-silver.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Rear