997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Let's See Your Rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:21 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by louie007
Justatoy : what wheels are those and size also your side skirts been thinking of putting some on any info would be helpfull , thanks
Originally Posted by GTRR
I like those side skirts and rear bumper skirt too! Where did you get those?
Thanks Guys.....

Link to the wheels...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es-wheels.html

And the side skirts.....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-bodykit.html

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 12-23-2011, 08:54 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by louie007
Justatoy : what wheels are those and size also your side skirts been thinking of putting some on any info would be helpfull , thanks

I think they are DPE. check the site

http://dpe-wheels.com/wheels/sp-c-series/sp-c5/

Old 12-23-2011, 08:55 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
oh i didnt see your post justatoy lol im late

Old 12-24-2011, 04:22 AM
RickB will become famous soon enough
Here ya go...

Old 12-24-2011, 07:51 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Name:  C2S rear.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  43.4 KB

Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 AM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
Here is the rear of my 06 C2S Cabriolet. Sorry for the grime but this car works for a living and I drove home from the airport in a snow storm.

This is the Geddy Design Aerocab wing. I like it because it's not too big but it's an improvement over the stock moveable spoiler. I installed it myself and it took about 1 hour with basic handle tools. It came prepped and ready for paint. And you don't have to reprogram the PCM to avoid error codes from the OEM moveable spoiler. The lift cylinders for that device fit inside this wing and continue to operate up & down so you get no error codes. One of the things I really like about it, I installed a 3rd brake light flasher so the light in the wing flashes for 4 seconds when you step on the brakes and then goes solid. People really pay attention now and back off when they're behind me.

The car has the winter hard top on it, Dectane LED rear lights,the skinny snow tires, Fabspeed exhaust with OEM tips and lots of grime.

Attached Images   
Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM
oh mi that is durty, damn

Old 12-24-2011, 03:41 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! Serious modding!!!

Originally Posted by v35
Precision Porsche GT3 rear bumper, rear wing, rear CF air duct and OEM 997.2 LED's.

Next to the real deal:

Old 12-24-2011, 06:42 PM
very nice gonz996

Old 12-25-2011, 09:48 AM
jgrausa is on a distinguished road
pair of butts

one old

one new

Pocono garage

Attached Images  

Last edited by jgrausa; 12-25-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:27 AM
chudso will become famous soon enough

Last edited by chudso; 12-25-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:27 AM
very nice.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:44 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
OP- Personally, that thing looks so good, and in that color I would not muck it up. Don't get me wrong, there are some great looking cars on this thread with wings that I really like; but why mess with understated elegance? Those curves and width are so classic and beautiful that hanging on wing on it will obscure the beauty of those curves. Now if you are looking to do some serious body mods/upgrades all around the car for tracking and such, well yeah put something on the back end. If not, don't bother. YMMV.

Here's an analogy and opinion- one of the most beautiful architectural designs is the female body. The woman's lower back area is so graceful and elegant, and the last thing I personally want to see there is anything cluttering that up. Two of the best looking 997's IMHO, (that were not Gt3 or 2's) I've seen to this day are Stacy's former Cabriolet, and Sharkwerks' "Ztadpol". Stacy's car didn't have a wing at all; and ZTADPOL had a TechArt "Rear Wing 1" that was very, VERY subtle and didn't detract from the curves.

I am not an employee of Sharkwerks- here's the link to ZTADPOL:
http://tinyurl.com/7eaedfv

In all this, have fun and enjoy the ride. Whatever you do to it, YOU have to like it. Nobody else does.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 12-26-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:37 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
OP-
Here's an analogy and opinion- one of the most beautiful architectural designs is the female body. The woman's lower back area is so graceful and elegant, and the last thing I personally want to see there is anything cluttering that up. Two of the best looking 997's IMHO, (that were not Gt3 or 2's) I've seen to this day are Stacy's former Cabriolet, and Sharkwerks' "Ztadpol". Stacy's car didn't have a wing at all; and ZTADPOL had a TechArt "Rear Wing 1" that was very, VERY subtle and didn't detract from the curves.

In all this, have fun and enjoy the ride. Whatever you do to it, YOU have to like it. Nobody else does.
WOW.....Thank you for the amazing compliment BUT you really hit home(on the fact that my car is gone) by using the term 'former cabriolet'......

Cheers,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 12-26-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:36 AM
I agree, Ztadpol and the former cab are both nice in subtle form but personaly I like the over the top rear race style wing. The cars a motorsports car, needs to have the motorsports looks. Although dont get me wrong they look great either way. To each their own

All of the cars in this thread are win

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Rear