997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GoPro mounting options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:59 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by simtiaz
I've seen that towhook mount but with that I am only recording outside not what I am doing inside lol . My main goal is to record myself and track and correct my mistakes

What are you guys using for data capturing? I read about Harry's Laptimer app for iphone but what that I'll have to get Tom Tom kit for better GPS signal and mount my phone inside the car??
I found harness bar by NRG which I think I can use to mount the cam on and be able to record the footage.

http://www.getnrg.com/products/inter...t-harness-bars
I'm going to purchase the AIM Solo unit. The cheaper version that has no wires. It has enough data for my level of driving ability.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
If you check my YouTube channel you will see all the angles I have used to mount the gopro.

Rennline tow hook mount front and back, rear glass interior, roof just above the windscreen, rear bumper on the side (quite risky bc of all the stones, dirt, etc), rear fender...

I haven't lost the camera not even once!

My channel is under kouzman... My nickname...

Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
E85SBM is on a distinguished road
Is there any mount that would directly mount the camera to the base of the mirror? I think this is the best option....any links to this kind of mount?

Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Bokchoys is on a distinguished road
I like the views when the camera is mounted outside on the windshield. ~ where the rearview mirror is.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
I have just launched my new Action Sports Camera site and I have a lot of mounts listed on the accessories section of the site. the site is brand new and a work in progress but any feedback is really appreciated.

Check it out for your action sports camera needs.

http://www.myverticallife.com

Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
I have a Rennline tow hook for bumper views but go a second case to mount on roll bar. You need to adjust white balance to get good out the windshield exposure. I also have a curved permanent mount on the right side of my helmet to mount the camera with those right angle attachments. Good in car footage too. Have a otter mount for iPhone for Harry's lap timer. Cheap enough to start with if you already have an iPhone. App is 20 bucks I recall. Phone GPS is adequate.