997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GoPro mounting options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:38 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
GoPro mounting options

I don't have harness bar or cage and don't think I can use suction mount on rear winshield at the track, What are some alternative options to use my gopro at the track? is BK harness bar the only option?
thanks
Sid

Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
RudyP is on a distinguished road
I'll be curious to hear what suggestions you get. I got a GoPro for Christmas and will be looking to mount it in the car for HPDEs. My instinct is to use one of the sticky-taped bases and just stick it in the dashboard (I don't have extended leather). I have an airplane and used one of those stuck to the headliner which is made of dashboard type plastic and it works just fine there. My 997 has alcantara headliner but perhaps I could stick the same base to the area up top with the overhead lights.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
Do you want footage from behind you (drivers perspective) or does that not really matter?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Rennline sales a GoPro camera mount that is affixed to the Tow Hook area of your front bumper. Go to their website and check it out.

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-GoP...ductinfo/PH01/

Last edited by 808c2s; 01-10-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I've used the GoPro suction mount w/ one of their swivel arms on my windshield (both inside and outside) on occasion and it worked just fine.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
IMO it is much better to have camera behind you capturing your hand and head movements if at all possible.

I dont use a gopro...i use replayXD but some searching should get you some results.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
I agree with this 100%. I love it when you can see the work it takes to drive a car the right way. Plus, it just seems more real.

Originally Posted by buckwheat986
IMO it is much better to have camera behind you capturing your hand and head movements if at all possible.

I dont use a gopro...i use replayXD but some searching should get you some results.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 PM
SToronto will become famous soon enough
Check out Ram Mounts - http://www.ram-mount.com/

They may have something you can use.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I want to be able to capture myself along with speedometer so I can review my shifting/breaking at certain speed/gear.
I did see the towhook mount but I would have something rather between the front seats. I was hoping that someone did some costom rig??

Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by simtiaz
I want to be able to capture myself along with speedometer so I can review my shifting/breaking at certain speed/gear.
I did see the towhook mount but I would have something rather between the front seats. I was hoping that someone did some costom rig??
I tried mounting my GoPro inside the rear window, for exactly the same purpose. The problem is lighting. If it's a sunny day the difference is so dramatic between the interior and exterior that if the exposure is correct for one it's way off for the other. I could see everything in the interior clearly - but the view through the windshield was just glare.

I gave up and now mount the camera directly beneath the rear view mirror on the windshield.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
DMoore,
I know exactly what you mean about washed out windshield/road. During my search I found a thread on Rennlist forum where this guy mounted the camera little higher to avoid the glare by using PVC to raise the height by 8".
what hardware are you using to mount under your rear view mirror?

Originally Posted by DMoore
I tried mounting my GoPro inside the rear window, for exactly the same purpose. The problem is lighting. If it's a sunny day the difference is so dramatic between the interior and exterior that if the exposure is correct for one it's way off for the other. I could see everything in the interior clearly - but the view through the windshield was just glare.

I gave up and now mount the camera directly beneath the rear view mirror on the windshield.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
I use the suction cup mount that came with the GoPro. The cup is mounted to the windshield to the right of the mirror - that way it's out of my vision. The arm on the suction cup extends to the middle of the mirror and the camera hangs verically beneath it. The only thing I see from the driver's seat is the camera itself where it drops right below the mirror. I've done autocrosses and track days with it mounted there and never had any problems with either the camera or with the event managers.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I have mounted inside the front center bumper. The lower to the ground you place the GoPro, the faster you will seem when watching the video. I used one of the permanent sticky flat mounts, and just the leave the mount there all the time, and attach the GoPro when I want to. Works well.
CATTMAN

Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 AM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Rennline sales a GoPro camera mount that is affixed to the Tow Hook area of your front bumper. Go to their website and check it out.

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-GoP...ductinfo/PH01/
video link shows Rennline tow hook GoPro mount:

Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I've seen that towhook mount but with that I am only recording outside not what I am doing inside lol . My main goal is to record myself and track and correct my mistakes

What are you guys using for data capturing? I read about Harry's Laptimer app for iphone but what that I'll have to get Tom Tom kit for better GPS signal and mount my phone inside the car??
I found harness bar by NRG which I think I can use to mount the cam on and be able to record the footage.

http://www.getnrg.com/products/inter...t-harness-bars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GoPro mounting options