997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

True all-weather prowess

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:41 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
True all-weather prowess

C4S workout regimen: 280 mile weekly round trip commute over Snoqualmie pass.

Obstacles: Ice, snow, frost, dense fog, big rigs and vehicles speeding on all season tires this time of the year. It has seen rocks, chain links hurled at its windshield at bullet speed, even orange traffic cones that are driven over by drivers who have slept on the wheel momentarily.

Performance: Not once has it let me down.. Not once does it miss a beat. Brakes, steering and suspension is what defines this car IMO ... not the color, the interior or the transmission. As a 911 virgin, I bought her even without a test drive as an impulse buy in Nov '09. She is my guardian angel every single time. What more could I ask of her.

Here are some shots after one of those weekly commutes. I always feel bad for my baby when I turn around and look at her after every single workout. Yet heart of hearts I know that she feels good each time she gets to break a nice dirty sweat.

Attached Images      

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-19-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:49 AM
home7271 is infamous around these parts
Nice write up. I remember you did the full wrap-up on your car. How is it holding up?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:56 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
I thought I was abusive when I took mine out in the pouring rain. Amar, you took it to a whole different level! I hope you are enjoying your PSE sound track though.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:56 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Good memory. Every 3 months when I take it for a free wax courtesy of Metropolitan detail, Bellevue, WA (who did the install) the guys there give me a two thumbs up for the care that I have given it. According to them it looks as good as it did 17,000 miles ago when the wrap first went on it.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-19-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:00 AM
KEV, I love the PSE. It has certainly enhanced my overall experience. Thank you my friend for the killer deal and free delivery.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-19-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
man, thanks for the pictures and the write-up. I live near the border up north, just started driving an '09 C4S. Love to see what is possible. I don't think it has a protective coating, that is next on the list, and I was looking at your tires..Michelin Pilot Alpin for the winter..okay. I couldn't find those at tire rack.com after inputting the car model, they were only showing a pirelli tire. I'm still running on the summer tires that came with the car and they are doing okay in the rain, but I would probably drive our Mini Countryman if the snow started again with these summer tires on the C4S. Thanks a lot for the post.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
I'm glad you clean your car before we took the photos last week

Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
I keep some speed shine in my frunk, but not enough for that.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I love this post!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Lowpue, the car gets cleaned everytime within 24 hrs of it's arrival. Hot (not boiling) water, optimum no rinse with two bucket technique along with grit guards, grit sponge as the wash medium and Griot's waffle weave drying towel. Takes me 20 minutes max. Seapar for those days when the pass is just bare and wet, I have the Griots spray on car wash but what I don't like about it is the fact that one has to use too many of their green plush microfiber towels to do the whole car and then washing them is a chore. Wheels are cleaned with Sonax.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
By the way, I used to convoy Army Strykers (big, 8-wheeled Army vehicles) across Snoqualmie on the way to Yakima. Do you ever see them?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:38 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Kudos to you. My rotator cuff aches reading about your "technique". I'll just stop at Metropolitan Detail next time we have a photo shoot.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Several times Cav. Whenever I see open trucks transporting army soldiers, they wave and give my ride a two thumbs up. I honk and salute them in return. Just love them and have special respect and admiration for what they do for the country.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-19-2012 at 11:11 AM.