997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

OEM Aero Kit or Wicked GT3 kit for 997.2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 PM
PorscheJoe will become famous soon enough
OEM Aero Kit or Wicked GT3 kit for 997.2?

I really want to do a body kit on my 997.2 Carrera S. I'm trying to decide whether to go with the factory Aero Kit Cup from Suncoast or do the Wicked 997 GT3 Body kit. Has anyone had their Porsche done by Wicked Porsche in North Hollywood(LA Area)? I would definitely keep/put back the "Carrera S" emblem on my car, if I decide to go with Wicked GT3 kit. I also called NR Auto, but the body shop they referred me to did not inspire much confidence. I appreciate any advice on this matter.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I would always prefer to go OEM if possible (quality and direct fit as well as DIY). I have not heard many positives about Wicked. I have heard positives about Precision and MA Shaw who are also in So Cal.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
Stick with OEM.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Dave's911 is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking about Precision in Torrance. Haven't researched them much, other than looking at articles here and checking out their website.
Certainly a lot cheaper than OEM, but I can't speak to quality.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dave's911
I've been thinking about Precision in Torrance. Haven't researched them much, other than looking at articles here and checking out their website.
Certainly a lot cheaper than OEM, but I can't speak to quality.

I did call Precision & get an estimate for a GT3 kit. Price was very reasonable, but don't know about quality & fit. Anyone out there with Precision Porsche body kit?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
How timely. Here are my thoughts. Hopefully helpful. I am currently in the same dilemma except only a week away from pulling the trigger on buying a GT3 wing (997.2 version) from Precision Porsche. I absolutely agree that oem is best but the higher $$ just cannot be ignored. Been digesting this dilemma for about two months. Oem or aftermarket. Aftermarket or oem. The problem for me is that oem doesn't have the 997.2 GT3 wing (love this wing). They only offer the 997.1 GT3 wing plus front bumper package. Called Suncoast to see if I can get the .2 wing. They can get the wing but I had to pick up my jaw from the floor after they said what it would cost. Lol. Fitment is also an issue as the .2 wing only has one snorkel. Needless to say, it's a no go. I have read some positives threads about Precision therefore decided to give it more serious consideration. They bacically only sell the parts though. Prep and paint will be someone else. I think most reservations regarding aftermarkets is at time of selling the car. Buyers seems to "trust" oem parts , I guess. If I am wrong I am sure someone will chime in to beg the differ. The reality is that buyers like myself look for oem also when buying the car but then shortly after mod it like hell with aftermarkets. Go figure. So I did the unthinkable. I asked my wife what she think I should do. Bad idea. Lol. Won't go there. But this is what I decided. Get the desired wing and make sure I am able to undo it back to original body. Problem solved. As for the front bumper, I purchased FVD front lip spoiler to give it a much lower look. It will arrive next week then off to the painter. Not sure which wing you were considering but if it's the .2 gt3 wing, then maybe we can hit him up on a volume discount. Here is a pic of what I will be getting.
Good luck deciding.
Don't ask wifey!! Lol

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wicked=Junk

OEM will not deter a future buyer from you car.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by slick911
How timely. Here are my thoughts. Hopefully helpful. I am currently in the same dilemma except only a week away from pulling the trigger on buying a GT3 wing (997.2 version) from Precision Porsche. I absolutely agree that oem is best but the higher $$ just cannot be ignored. Been digesting this dilemma for about two months. Oem or aftermarket. Aftermarket or oem. The problem for me is that oem doesn't have the 997.2 GT3 wing (love this wing). They only offer the 997.1 GT3 wing plus front bumper package. Called Suncoast to see if I can get the .2 wing. They can get the wing but I had to pick up my jaw from the floor after they said what it would cost. Lol. Fitment is also an issue as the .2 wing only has one snorkel. Needless to say, it's a no go. I have read some positives threads about Precision therefore decided to give it more serious consideration. They bacically only sell the parts though. Prep and paint will be someone else. I think most reservations regarding aftermarkets is at time of selling the car. Buyers seems to "trust" oem parts , I guess. If I am wrong I am sure someone will chime in to beg the differ. The reality is that buyers like myself look for oem also when buying the car but then shortly after mod it like hell with aftermarkets. Go figure. So I did the unthinkable. I asked my wife what she think I should do. Bad idea. Lol. Won't go there. But this is what I decided. Get the desired wing and make sure I am able to undo it back to original body. Problem solved. As for the front bumper, I purchased FVD front lip spoiler to give it a much lower look. It will arrive next week then off to the painter. Not sure which wing you were considering but if it's the .2 gt3 wing, then maybe we can hit him up on a volume discount. Here is a pic of what I will be getting.
Good luck deciding.
Don't ask wifey!! Lol

Slick,

Like you, I've been doing so much research on this.
I spoke to Ryan with Suncoast & even inquired about the same OEM GT3 3.8 wing like you did. He is very knowledgeable & helpful. I'm also checking into MA Shaw tomorrow. Pls let me know how you like your FV, since I checked out their site as well. I definitely prefer the look of the GT3 3.8 better than the OEM Aero Kit Cup which essentially uses the old GT3 wing, but the rear bumper stays the same.

I was not really impressed with Wicked's shop when I went there. I cannot speak for the quality of their finished work, but the actual shop did not convey "high end" techniques/operations to me.

I also spoke to Tony at Precision Porsche & he gave me a quote to do the complete(painted & installed) GT3 body kit. Is there another Precision out there? I spoke to Tony from www.Precisionporsche.com in Torrance. He told me that they do everything.

I will definitely be posting before & after pics of my car when I'm finished. Hope to see pics of you ride as well. Thanks & best of luck to you.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
shawnpalmer is on a distinguished road
What bumper is on the black Porsche on the rotating banner on Precision’s website?
It’s the first one that comes up on the home page.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Dave's911 is on a distinguished road
I'll be watching what you do with Precision. I'm also interested in the GT3.2 wing. Good luck.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Mb007 is on a distinguished road
Me too... Maybe one of the sponsors could do a group buy...

Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by shawnpalmer
What bumper is on the black Porsche on the rotating banner on Precision’s website?
It’s the first one that comes up on the home page.

I believe that is a GT2.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
I've got a Wicked front end on my 996.2 C4S and am very happy with it.
Got a 991 on order and will probably go with Wicked again when they've got something for that.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
I did oem aerokit front bumper and aftermarket rear wing. Both were painted and installed by my mod guy in Orange County. Search Bob's Makeover for the pics.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheJoe
I also spoke to Tony at Precision Porsche & he gave me a quote to do the complete(painted & installed) GT3 body kit. Is there another Precision out there? I spoke to Tony from www.Precisionporsche.com in Torrance. He told me that they do everything.

I will definitely be posting before & after pics of my car when I'm finished. Hope to see pics of you ride as well. Thanks & best of luck to you.
Same Precision Porsche. Tony referred me to a painter in OC. Maybe my purchase was a small job. You are looking for the whole body kit so maybe you got better treatment. It's all good. Tony's very helpful though.
I'll take some before and after shots too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Aero Kit or Wicked GT3 kit for 997.2?