997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Kenwood DNX6990, Fabspeed Maxflo Valvetronic install, w/accessories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Thanks for the feedback nicoli, I'm glad you are enjoying the Fabspeed. The radio and camera looks good, very nicely installed. Enjoy

Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
To be clear, if I were to replace my stock PCM with an aftermarket unit, I'd also lose sports chrono features, trip computer, etc., correct?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Thanks for the feedback nicoli, I'm glad you are enjoying the Fabspeed. The radio and camera looks good, very nicely installed. Enjoy
Thanks, Alex. I want to slide under there and take a pic soon..just haven't yet. I feel like an adult driving it too, something else I was worried about. My car just sounds amazing now, it doesn't drone, and I don't feel like a teenager driving it. It turned out great.

Originally Posted by cavsct94
To be clear, if I were to replace my stock PCM with an aftermarket unit, I'd also lose sports chrono features, trip computer, etc., correct?
The trip and info PCM buttons leave with the PCM unit, yes. I had PCM Nav as well, and the in-dash arrow is gone, along with the radio channel display there. The Kenwood has its own trip computer functions, including if you wish, a gps map tracking history of movement every time the car is driven with individual entries you can browse later. In other words, if someone is not aware of this ability (and manually erases the entry), you can track and display exactly where it was driven when you were not in the car.

The other functions accessed through the stalk like turning on and off the lighted sports chronometer and having a readout of lap times in the dash, are all active. The sport and sport plus buttons function with accelerator response, PASM, and PDK exactly as before.

Last edited by nicoli; 03-07-2012 at 10:46 AM.