997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Recession Finally Got Me - Part 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Beru is on a distinguished road
I agree with int90, it is a smart move . The beauty of life is that we never know what happens in the next curve. Keep your head up ! Nice things are waiting for you and your family.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
You absolutely made the right choice to dump the P car. It is replaceable. But a Camry....?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 AM
TEX911 is on a distinguished road
Fellow Forum users, it's absolutely amazing that many of us who share a common interest if only even via Pcars have had so many well wishes to say and give Vegasguy, it goes for me too - ALL THE VERY BEST, enjoy the retirement. Basically I am just trying to say "you're all a fantastic bunch of human beings" we're all sitting in different parts of the world and still there is a sh*t load of kindness and sincerity around........esp in this forum. Thank you for being so caring towards another human being even if only in the form of "words" - if only the majority of the global population / rulers would take notes from this forum we might be living in a better place where there should be NO forced retirements....... this all IMHO

Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TEX911
Fellow Forum users, it's absolutely amazing that many of us who share a common interest if only even via Pcars have had so many well wishes to say and give Vegasguy, it goes for me too - ALL THE VERY BEST, enjoy the retirement. Basically I am just trying to say "you're all a fantastic bunch of human beings" we're all sitting in different parts of the world and still there is a sh*t load of kindness and sincerity around........esp in this forum. Thank you for being so caring towards another human being even if only in the form of "words" - if only the majority of the global population / rulers would take notes from this forum we might be living in a better place where there should be NO forced retirements....... this all IMHO
Well said.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
To echo what's already been said, I believe our P cars should bring us closer to our family and not create strife or separation from them. If not for any other reason then our Porsches make us happy...hence we are in a better mood around our families because of them.

My wife encouraged me to buy my 911, she went with me to the dealer, picked it out, wrote the check, stuck a big red ribbon on it <was almost Christmas> and handed me the keys. To this day she has never driven it by her own choice. I asked her why and she said "I don't need to, it simply makes me happy watching you light up when you drive it." Wow. That's what owning a P car is all about. The joy it brings you and in turn makes you more enjoyable to your family.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 PM
jca3 is on a distinguished road
Probably the right choice to dump the overhead of a new 2010 model given your circumstnaces. But maybe don't take an "all or nothing" approach? You love P-cars? Buy a used one. No need to feel that you have to have the latest and greatest to be happy. My 7 year old 2005 C2S gives me a grin every day. I made a decision long ago in my life to pay cash for cars. If I had to make a payment, I had no business getting in the game. Get something you can afford and love it!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 PM
jtwrace is a splendid one to beholdjtwrace is a splendid one to beholdjtwrace is a splendid one to beholdjtwrace is a splendid one to beholdjtwrace is a splendid one to beholdjtwrace is a splendid one to beholdjtwrace is a splendid one to behold
Good luck to you...as you know there is much more to life then cars.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 AM
dhc997 is on a distinguished road
No question. I believe you absolutely did the right thing every step of the way. I don't know what your wife was driving, but the fact that you gave up the Porsche to take it and then went and bought her a new car amidst this time of economic uncertainty is a beautiful gesture and certainly reflective of the kind of man you are. Many blessings to you.

Last edited by dhc997; 03-11-2012 at 08:03 AM.