997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

throttle fault code P2126...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:44 PM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
throttle fault code P2126...

bought a durametric and i have the following fault code. is anyone familiar with this or know what part needs fixing? the whole throttle body? or just a part within?

P2126
Throttle valve adjusting unit – potentiometer
NOTE
When a fault is detected, the system is in stand-by operation mode in pedal sensor, i.e.:
---Maximum pedal value is limited to 30 %.
---Dynamism is limited.
Diagnostic conditions
---Supply voltage 10 V ... 16 V
---Engine start
Possible fault causes
---Open circuit, short circuit to B+ or short circuit to ground in the sensor line to potentiometer 1 or 2 of the throttle valve adjusting unit
---Throttle valve adjusting unit faulty
---DME control module faulty

Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I am not sure about the code, but it sounds like the same problem I had. My car wouldn't do high rpm and had power loss. I replaced the throttle body. the potentiometers inside it fail. Easy DIY and part is about $300, but if you don't have symptoms, reset the code.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:55 PM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
yep, i have symptoms - "maximum pedal value limited to 30%". for no reason while driving along, suddenly any acceleration, no matter what gear or speed is SLOW. as in, imagine trying to accelerate in 6th gear while going 20mph...slooooooowww. that's how it feels no matter what gear i'm in or what speed. even starting out in 1st.

the odd thing is that when the symptom is there, i can put it in neutral/depress clutch and rev to my hearts delight and there seems to be no hesitation or issue. maybe a different potentiometer takes over or something when it's in neutral.

how many miles did yours have when you replaced? any track time?

in any case, i will plan on DYI'ing the throttle body. any tips or tricks? i can remove airbox no problem, and i only see 4 torx and a plug on the throttle. anything else i should be aware of?

Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I had the same, but mine was intermittent. It's as you describe, 4 e-torx and remove. there is a gasket as well. My car had 65k miles when it failed.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
What year is this?There is an O-ring on the plenum that meets with the throttle body but where is this gasket you speak of IslandS62?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:01 PM
yep, i see the gasket in the parts listing. stupud question, but is there any gasket grease/sealer/whatever that i need? or is it as simple as placing the gasket, putting the throttle on and bolting back down?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Originally Posted by spiffyjiff
yep, i see the gasket in the parts listing. stupud question, but is there any gasket grease/sealer/whatever that i need? or is it as simple as placing the gasket, putting the throttle on and bolting back down?
Where is this gasket located... please elaborate?I know on an 06 C2S between throttle body and the intake plenum there is no gasket.The only seal is an o-ring!

Old 04-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ
Where is this gasket located... please elaborate?I know on an 06 C2S between throttle body and the intake plenum there is no gasket.The only seal is an o-ring!
if youve been in there and seen it, then i'll defer to your judgment. all i am going off of is the parts listing of "997.110.319.00 - gasket, distributor tube" but i'll concede the part does look more "o-ring" than gasket. either way, looks like a pretty easy DIY.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by spiffyjiff
if youve been in there and seen it, then i'll defer to your judgment. all i am going off of is the parts listing of "997.110.319.00 - gasket, distributor tube" but i'll concede the part does look more "o-ring" than gasket. either way, looks like a pretty easy DIY.
Yes it would be the intake distributor tube. I have been there from past installing a IPD Plenum.Taking off the throttle body is a "piece of cake",once it has been removed you would see the o-ring incorporated in the intake (distributor) plenum.It is round and has a diameter of about 3". I guess some people would refer to it as a gasket?Bottom line, it's a seal and that's what it does and it's round and made of rubber, hence o-ring. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:13 PM
If we are being that technical, I suppose it is an o-ring rather than a gasket.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Cool

I wasn't trying to be a "Jerk", just stating a bit of difference maybe between gaskets and other types of seals.I just wanted some elaboration to explain better what you were looking at!Sorry!Good luck!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ
Yes it would be the intake distributor tube. I have been there from past installing a IPD Plenum.Taking off the throttle body is a "piece of cake",once it has been removed you would see the o-ring incorporated in the intake (distributor) plenum.It is round and has a diameter of about 3". I guess some people would refer to it as a gasket?Bottom line, it's a seal and that's what it does and it's round and made of rubber, hence o-ring. Good luck!

excellent, thanks man. 2 more quick questions: does the o-ring (or anything else) "need" to be replaced/refreshed or can i just buy a throttle body and swap, and 2) i've seen mentions elsewhere about needing to remove the entire airbox but it looks like all i have to do is remove the tubing from airbox to throttle (via o-clamps, etc), correct?

Old 04-15-2012, 08:34 AM
It wouldn't hurt replacing the o-ring but not all that important.If it looks in decent shape with no tears and such just lightly coat it with oil and reinstall.On your air filter box you can just remove the air hose by removing 3 clamps , no need to remove the whole box.