997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Another iPhone audio post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 PM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
Another iPhone audio post

Totally loving the new GTS.

Got the iPhone bluetooth to work for phone, but not for music. I try to find Aux BT but it's not there. Furthermore, when plugged into the USB post, also no audio.

It's a 2012 with PCM 3.0 Universal audio interface (Aux-In, USB, iPod®),Bluetooth® hands-free mobile phone connection, and Bose.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Although it may appear that this should work it doesn't. I believe it does in the 991. A few others have commented on the lack of this function.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
i'm pretty sure the pcm 3.0 in the 997 doesn't support the BT audio profile. Phone works fine.

Just plug the iPhone into the iPod connector. It works fine. You'll be able to charge your phone, play music, and use phone. I have a dock extension cable and keep the phone in the front center console near the shifter.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
So use a y cable? I thought we were past that. Dealer didn't supply one.... No biggie. Thanks.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 AM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
See this thread. This is the cable you need. It should have come with the audio interface if you have it. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...pod-cable.html

Old 04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks. I ordered one.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
There is no audio streaming over bluetooth profile support in the PCM3.
Its something Porsche could add with only a software update, I suspect, but they will likely not.

To access the music on the iphone you need to use the ipod interface on the UAI you indicated the car has, or set up the iphone to share its contents as a USB hard drive and then use the USB input of the UAI.

A third option is to buy a USB driven bluetooth dongle that supports bluetooth streaming and you can then stream into the USB input port. There are several models out there and a post somewhere on the subject.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Just got it to work in my 991. Pretty swell. Initially, it paired and my iPhone was streaming but the PCM didn't play anything. After turning the car on and off again (yes, like the IT Crowd recommends), all was fine.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:13 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
I also use the dock connector for audio and BT for calls. Works fine. What's neat is that Spotify even works (song/album titles, everything)

Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Typically BT audio is not as good as a direct cable connection. The DIN port is there to be used for that.

Someone with a 991 reported that the BT audio is mediocre compared to a direct cable connection with an iPod.

Last edited by adias; 05-02-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 AM
I got the correct Y cable along with a short iPhone extension and a Proclip console phone holder. Now I can just drop the phone in the holder and I'm good for charging and music.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jordanpryce
I got the correct Y cable along with a short iPhone extension and a Proclip console phone holder. Now I can just drop the phone in the holder and I'm good for charging and music.
Jordan, which cable did you get? I have the stock iPhone cable that came with the car, and my iPhone 4 DOES NOT charge while it's hooked up - I get the "This device does not support charging" message or something along those lines. I have to use a SEPARATE charger that I plug into the cigarette lighter.

Does your cable work for charging also?

Last edited by Scoper; 05-07-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 AM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
My iPhone 4S charges when plugged into the stock Y cable.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Here is my setup.

Y cable: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/I612C47102.html

Extension:
Amazon Amazon

Car mount: ProClip Angled Mount
2005-2011 Porsche 911-series 853540

iphone holder: http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-dev...165-18357.aspx

It charges, and supports music through Pandora and Music on the phone.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Looks like that extension you are using has some very flakey manufacturing as a good percentage of the customers are ending up with units that don't pass through all the signal lines. How hard is it to make a pass through cable? I guess hard if you try to make it for 4 cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another iPhone audio post