997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Used 997 prices!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
So is kbb over or under real value for our cars? I found it to be way over the generally reasonable price.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Boosted Josh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dethman
So is kbb over or under real value for our cars? I found it to be way over the generally reasonable price.

For my 06 C2S KBB values are showing:

Retail: $57,908

Private party:
(fair) $48,408
(Good) $51,808
(Very Good) $53,008
(Excellent) $54,008

This is without me being to really pick any options that apply to my car except for Bose.

Edmunds TMV for the car is: (again the options aren't accurately reflected)

Trade: $38,987
Private Party: $41,938
Retail: $45,293

CPO: $48,276

So KBB is around 10K higher than Edmunds.

I bought my car back in February and had a dealer buddy of mine check the auction numbers for cars similar to mine. Based on what he told me the auction numbers were Edmunds is definitely low, and KBB is definitely high.

Put another way, I've not seen a car like mine with a CPO warranty for anywhere near $48K as indicated by Edmunds.

And at the same time if I could sell my car for between $53-54K as indicated by KBB I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

I would expect for my car:
$40-43K in trade depending on the dealer

$46-49K selling private party

$50-54K "Retail" asking price from a dealer

$52-56K CPO asking price

Old 05-07-2012, 12:58 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Boosted Josh

Private party:
(fair) $48,408
(Good) $51,808
(Very Good) $53,008
(Excellent) $54,008

This is without me being to really pick any options that apply to my car except for Bose.

I bought my car back in February and had a dealer buddy of mine check the auction numbers for cars similar to mine. Based on what he told me the auction numbers were Edmunds is definitely low, and KBB is definitely high.

Put another way, I've not seen a car like mine with a CPO warranty for anywhere near $48K as indicated by Edmunds.

And at the same time if I could sell my car for between $53-54K as indicated by KBB I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

$52-56K CPO asking price
Thank you everybody for your feedback I guess it gives me a better frame of mind approaching a search. To Josh above, what mileage is on your car now / when you purchased it? It definitely also helps to hear prices paid in the real world to establish 'value'.

Regarding the 2005 I looked at - are people generally putting the premium on the 's' model or the non 's'? I would of thought the 's' was more desired thereby putting the regular 911 values closer to the KBB values.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
My car had about 24K miles on it when I bought it. It has about 26K on it now.

I used 25K miles for those values listed above.

The S model will certainly cost more as it was about $10,000 more when new. On the used market I'd expect to pay at least 5K more for an S over a base between 2 otherwise identical cars.

The thing is you most likely won't find a base car optioned out like that. It just doesn't make much sense because by the time you add the options that a S has over the base (not including the larger engine or brakes) you are getting very close to the cost of a S.

At least that is what I've seen in my experience. Most of the base Carrera's have almost no options. They were ordered that way to get someone in a 911 for the least amount of money possible.

My advice is to look for a car with the most options possible. Options are only worth about $0.25 on the dollar on the used market. When new the $20K difference between a low option S and a heavy loaded S is now probably only about $5K on the used market.

That being said, when looking for a used car being too picky can be counter productive. I think that you'll have much better success finding a nice car at a good price if you are flexible on colors and options. Unless this is the last car you are going to buy or you are planning on keeping it forever being too picky can eliminate some nice cars and good deals.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM
tqevo is on a distinguished road
2005s are known for a weaker IMS. Any chance you could extend your search to 06+?

Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tqevo
2005s are known for a weaker IMS. Any chance you could extend your search to 06+?
Thats a good point as well but I would pick up an '05 if it was a clear 'deal' - and it definitely does not appear that the '05s on the 'market' have that disadvantage built into the price at all. Otherwise I will keep my search to the '06 and '07 models! Thank you for the suggestion.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
Look at Galves for real Dealer trade info, you can access the site for $9/ week.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by LPpfs997
Look at Galves for real Dealer trade info, you can access the site for $9/ week.

Or just ask someone to run the Manheim numbers in this sub forum:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-financing-52/

Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by usf1l2b
Looks like prices are on an upswing - KBB is apparently not inline with what the market is commanding.

FYI - I just picked up my '09 997.2 C2 arctic silver - pretty well loaded up for $55k in Northern California. For me, it was worth it to get the DFI engine and pay a bit more. I also have almost a year left on the factory warranty. So, deals can be had, you just have to be a bit patient and hunt around.
$55K? Wow. How many miles on it? What options? That's a pretty sweet deal if it's loaded with options and had low miles.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
If anyone does have a 05-07 997 / 997S they would like to part with please let me know as well! Only requirement is manual everything else is a plus! I am in Phoenix, AZ but willing to travel to pick up.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tqevo
And the FUD continues...

Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
KBB, Edmunds and the like will not be a great guide for a Porsche. The cars are too particular and the guides do not correctly reflect options. Best is to follow the ads on Autotrader or cars.com for a while to follow the prices. Bid low on a few cars to get your own sense of the market. Do the research to know your cars too with Carfax and DME info. Good luck!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boosted Josh

Private party:
(fair) $48,408
(Good) $51,808
(Very Good) $53,008
(Excellent) $54,008

$52-56K CPO asking price
What milege did you developed these figures ? I didn't see it in your info.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
I paid $53k for 2008 C2S with PSE, red belts, power seat, Carrera sport wheels.
car has 33.5k miles. No CPO.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
This weekend I was offered $36K for my '06 C2 with 31K miles toward a trade-in at CarMax . I declined and will most likely hold onto the car for a while. My car is in very good condition. Here are the KBB values for trade in value:
  • Excellent
    $40,521
  • Very Good
    $39,921
  • Good
    $38,821
  • Fair
    $35,721

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used 997 prices!