997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Used 997 prices!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Used 997 prices!

In the market for a 997 and took a look at a base 2005 911 yesterday that was almost as base as it gets (no navi, no power seats, etc). In great condition 44k miles. KBB says 37K, owner wont do lower than 41k. Is that fare?

What is going on with the discrepancy between KBB and what people are trying to sell their cars for vs who is ACTUALLY selling their porsches? Is it just a matter of time until asking prices closer match up to KBB? I know a porsche is a 'highline' vehicle - but its not THAT rare to have a big KBB difference between asking prices and KBB.

It seems last time there was a big difference in the prices between KBB and asking prices - the collapse happened until sellers caved to what the car was actually worth. Please help out on how to look at this!

Old 05-06-2012, 03:12 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it's fair... it's his/her car. Whether they get it will tell if it's priced properly. You have to search the comps in your area and see how it fares against what's available in your area. Nowhere else matters unless you're willing to travel. Then, the world's your oyster.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
The owner can ask whatever he wants. 2005 prices for a base 997 should be $35-37K.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 PM
py0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the rough
I wonder how much he can sell his car to a dealership in this case. If he is offering the car 3-4k above the wholesale price that really make sense. I am not really familiar with used Porsche market value in USA so that's just my guess.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:58 PM
usf1l2b will become famous soon enoughusf1l2b will become famous soon enough
Looks like prices are on an upswing - KBB is apparently not inline with what the market is commanding.

FYI - I just picked up my '09 997.2 C2 arctic silver - pretty well loaded up for $55k in Northern California. For me, it was worth it to get the DFI engine and pay a bit more. I also have almost a year left on the factory warranty. So, deals can be had, you just have to be a bit patient and hunt around.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:28 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
Good price on 09. Miles? CPO?

09 C2 CPO seem to be over 60 still with low miles

Originally Posted by usf1l2b
Looks like prices are on an upswing - KBB is apparently not inline with what the market is commanding.

FYI - I just picked up my '09 997.2 C2 arctic silver - pretty well loaded up for $55k in Northern California. For me, it was worth it to get the DFI engine and pay a bit more. I also have almost a year left on the factory warranty. So, deals can be had, you just have to be a bit patient and hunt around.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
marlon 997 is an unknown quantity at this point
Picked up a 2006 997S 40k ODO with lots of options Slate Grey for 47K. Hope this helps as a reference point.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by denversteve
I guess it's fair... it's his/her car. Whether they get it will tell if it's priced properly. You have to search the comps in your area and see how it fares against what's available in your area. Nowhere else matters unless you're willing to travel. Then, the world's your oyster.
Grammar Police! Youze has da write to remane sylent!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:17 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jordanpryce
Grammar Police! Youze has da write to remane sylent!
It's not grammar buddy...... it's English.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:19 PM
tiyyara will become famous soon enough
Tough to find an 09 C2s below 65. The problem is dealerships mark them up but at least you ca negotiate. Private owners who have a 911 think the world of it and would not give away their baby below what they think it is worth. At the end, you either keep looking until you find one (not exactly what you want) at the price you want. Or you pay more and get the one you want a price the seller wants. That is called "market price"
Keep in mind, more 05-06-07 in the used market and less 09-10 (economy)

Old 05-06-2012, 05:40 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ +1. It's only worth the price that both the buyer and seller agree on.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
usf1l2b will become famous soon enoughusf1l2b will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spyerx
Good price on 09. Miles? CPO?

09 C2 CPO seem to be over 60 still with low miles
My car was not a CPO - it was off lease. 24.8k miles. Still have one year of original warranty left.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:15 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by usf1l2b

Great price..I paid 61k for my 07 4S Last year. Had only 18k for miles. Wanted a DFI but those were out of price range...but I wanted Silver & Black!!

Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Dealers will be stealers when it's time to trade in or up. Better to buy a car from a private person ... provided ALL the records are there and the car checked out in the PPI. And ASK why the car is being sold.... some reasons are good... so are not...

Old 05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
micouremo will become famous soon enough
picked up an 06 997S last week with 24K, turbo wheels, for $50K.
I was very particular with options, and color combo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used 997 prices!