997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

reprogramming rain sensing wipers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 08:23 PM
malignancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ffwd
Sorry I haven't updated this forum in a while. Here is my Rennlist post from last night or the night before:
"Referring to my OP: problem solved. It seems the erratic operation of my 997.2 rain sensor wipers was caused by the cord of my V1 being coiled/wrapped around the little tube (wiring channel) that goes from the rain sensor up to the headliner. I had done that to keep the hardwired cord tidy as it runs to the V1 directly to the right of the mirror mount. As a check, I changed how I run the cord to the V1, without coiling it around the rain sensor's wiring channel, and lo and behold, now the rain sensor wipers work excellently. The V1 cord loops must have caused interference or added enough inductance to the circuit of the rain sensor to screw up the rain sensor signals. Weird, eh?" Just by chance, this might be helpful to someone else out there.

I thought it it was just me! I rarely drive my 997TT in the rain and I hate when I find myself in rain for the exact reason you mentioned. I don’t have a radar detector but I DO have a dash cam and I, too have the cord secured to the tube you mentioned. I bet your solution will work for me so thanks in advance!