997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hankook tires... any feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Yowzaah is on a distinguished road
Update- I just got the matching Hankook tires for the front and rear... and the crazy wobbling, drifting, floating feeling went away. Thanks god!!

Now the car feels nice and planted.

Austex911... I noticed the diffrence too, Hankook tires are more rounded on the 295's in the rear, pretty much no curb guard at all. I do like that squared off look better!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed. After I got mine I realized I could've mounted 305s but I was concerned with the Turbo offsets. Glad you resolved your issue. Mine performed really well street and track.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
pcooley53 is on a distinguished road
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER Hankooks again

I started this thread a while back. UPDATE: a week ago I had a set of Michelin Super Sports installed on my car and FINALLY am driving a car the is handling like it should. Elsewhere on this board (or somewhere) I read the MSuperSports are a better road tire than the MPilotSuperSport2 and cannot agree MORE. I've has PS2's, Hankooks, and now the MSS.... the SS is the best BY FAR. And they cost a couple hundred LESS than the PS2.

I'll never put cheap tires on my baby again. Sure it saves some cash, but whet the heck did I buy a PORSCHE 911 for? To hate driving it?

There ya go.

Paul

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
shoss is on a distinguished road
I don't think it has anything to do with the price of the tire in this case but all the users which had issues with skidding etc. made the mistake to mix to different brands of tires together on one setup.

Every time you "mix and match" tires from different brands or even different products from the same brand you will experience these issues as each tire compound is unique for each product and composed to work in conjunction with only the same product of tire and not any kind that will fit size wise.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
I run the v12 evo's on my 85 3.2 carrera and really like them.

Had them on a 430 coupe and gallardo spyder before too with no issues.

I will put them on my 911 when the current set wears out.

Hopefully I will be able to wait until they run a discount on a set of four from tirerack.com!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:29 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I can't speak for putting the Hankooks on all corners, but I can speak to the issue of mixing tire types on front/rear. When I put new wheels on the car, It didn't need new fronts, but the rears were gone (Pirellis). So, my idea was to save some short-term $$$ and put Hankooks on the front until it was time to replace the rears, then go all the way around with the same tire.

BAD IDEA.

See my post on this from last year here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ront-rear.html

Needless to say the car is something else with the Michelins...and there are 2 practically new Hankooks sitting in my attic.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Want to sell me your front tires?

Originally Posted by dallascajun
I can't speak for putting the Hankooks on all corners, but I can speak to the issue of mixing tire types on front/rear. When I put new wheels on the car, It didn't need new fronts, but the rears were gone (Pirellis). So, my idea was to save some short-term $$$ and put Hankooks on the front until it was time to replace the rears, then go all the way around with the same tire.

BAD IDEA.

See my post on this from last year here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ront-rear.html

Needless to say the car is something else with the Michelins...and there are 2 practically new Hankooks sitting in my attic.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by onefastman1
Want to sell me your front tires?
PM Sent

Old 08-07-2014, 08:47 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
FYI, TireRack has these on closeout for $618 for a set of four (slightly less for the C2's that run 295's in the back). Mixed reviews on these tires here but enough positives for me to give them a shot at this price.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Very good ties overall, and great tires for the price point.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:37 PM
y2kgixxer will become famous soon enough
you'll have to drive around for about 300-500 miles to let the tires brake in. i also had the same problem, but it went away after about 500 miles. hope this help. btw for the price is a great tire.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:05 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by y2kgixxer
you'll have to drive around for about 300-500 miles to let the tires brake in. i also had the same problem, but it went away after about 500 miles. hope this help. btw for the price is a great tire.
Spend the extra money and get mich i had hankooks they flat out suck

Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JoeShark
FYI, TireRack has these on closeout ......
And they are going QUICKLY! Please call me if interested or use this link to order online.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp