997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

TiKORE Titanium Security Bolts
Hey everyone, we are new site sponsors and wanted to introduce ourselves. TiKORE Industries (pronounced Tie-Core) was established in 2010 to serve the needs of the aftermarket automotive industry. TiKORE designs, engineers, and manufactures titanium and other alloy products at its headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale, FL (USA).

We offer titanium lug bolts (security and none security) and titanium lug nuts for all brands of vehicles (custom sets as well for those folks running spacers).

Please note we roll all of our threads, manufacture the bolts in house and all of our titanium bolts are crafted from grade 5 certified titanium bar stock.
Weight savings, titanium is approx. 45% lighter than steel components.

In regards to our Porsche bolts the weight savings are slightly different as Porsche uses an aluminum ball seat, thus lighter weight in that area, but risk of wearing down the seat and oxidization of the aluminum. These bolts offer weight savings and an escape from the weathering that we all see from Porsche lug bolts.

The weight of the factory Porsche set is 4.11 lbs. The weight of the TiKORE set is 3.00 lbs.
TiKORE Engineering note, we made sure the security bolt and the regular bolt weigh the same.

Titanium Facts
Grade 5 6AL-4V Titanium (Tikore's preferred material)
Yield Strength: 128,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 138,000psi
Shear Strength: 79,800psi
Density: .160 lb/in^3

Regards,
Joshua

Attached Images      

Last edited by TiKORE; 05-31-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
For anyone running spacers, TiKORE can manufacture special orders. Let us know if you require lengths over OEM.

Thanks
Joshua

Old 08-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Basic Sponsor

Titanium 2-Piece Security Bolt Option with Socket

Old 08-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Basic Sponsor

Raw Machined Titanium Lug Bolt about to have a matte bead blasted finish

Old 08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Please PM the price to include a full set of security bolt option with socket.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:14 PM
NeunElf will become famous soon enough
Very nice indeed! Those bolts are a thing of beauty!

Not many times you see bolts and beauty in the same phrase...

Old 08-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Since this is often a technical forum I have to ask, what is the rationale behind using 6/4 Ti versus 3/2.5. I, but perhaps not others, know the properties of each; I'm just curious if the stresses on the bolts warrant 6/4 or if you prefer the slight weight savings, or maybe you just have a really good arrangement for obtaining 6/4 ingots. Whatever the case, I agree with the above, they are beautiful and sadly I couldn't use them even if you gave them to me (CL wheels)!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Tcc1999
Since this is often a technical forum I have to ask, what is the rationale behind using 6/4 Ti versus 3/2.5. I, but perhaps not others, know the properties of each; I'm just curious if the stresses on the bolts warrant 6/4 or if you prefer the slight weight savings, or maybe you just have a really good arrangement for obtaining 6/4 ingots. Whatever the case, I agree with the above, they are beautiful and sadly I couldn't use them even if you gave them to me (CL wheels)!
Tcc1999, great question. The reason we chose to go with grade 5 6AL-4V, was that it closely resembles the strength characteristics of grade 8/class 10.9 steel. This is the most common steel used for OEM lug bolts. Some of the material properties that we focus on are yield strength, ultimate tensile strength and shear strength.

Here is a link that shows the comparison between the grade 5 titanium and other alloys: http://tikore.com/titanium_facts.htm

To answer the questions regarding the 3/2.5 or grade 9. Its mechanical/strength properties are about half that of grade 5. In the case of lug bolts, we prefer the higher factor of safety.

Keep the great questions coming!!

Old 09-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Basic Sponsor

Customer photo after receiving our Lugs.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Basic Sponsor
Vivid Racing replaces OEM Porsche lugs with our TiKORE Titanium 2-Piece Porsche Lug Bolts. Pure Automotive Jewelry.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/562052...sche_996_997/#

Old 09-07-2012, 11:15 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
I am running spacers and need bolts for the following setup

Front: 19x8.5 ET46
Rear: 19x11, ET36

Do you have the security spacers in black? please PM me the prices. Thanks

Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 PM
jgoga is on a distinguished road
I am also running spacers, i took a bolt from the front wheel and one from the rear. Please PM me with price for this set up with a lock for each wheel.

Thank you,

John

Here are the photos what i need:

Rear

Both front and rear

Old 09-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by wolfnards
I am running spacers and need bolts for the following setup

Front: 19x8.5 ET46
Rear: 19x11, ET36

Do you have the security spacers in black? please PM me the prices. Thanks
PM sent!

Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Basic Sponsor

Titanium TiKORE standard 2-piece lug bolts. Replace your OEM lugs today!

Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Basic Sponsor

Porsche
R12 Ball Seat
M12.1.5
27mm length
17mm hex head short

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts