997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vorsteiner Rear Bumper major fitment issue that I purchased from Vivid Racings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
Vorsteiner might make good fit on BM's parts (although a friend of mine DID have issues with parts for his E46..), we are discussing fitment problems with their parts for Porsches. They are garbage.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jam996
Im waiting on an answer too, emailed Vorsteiner AND vivid, still no response!!
Funny, if you want to BUY something they reply right away.
My issue is with the wing, I was told from top bodyshops in Montreal, its not fixable! they lower part of the decklid does not align with the upper part of car's bumper, and to fix it has to be cut and refabricate the lower part of the decklid which will make it fragile and eventually crack from opening/closing. And the 3rd brake light in spoiler is far from fitting as well. Im so pissed at Vorsteiner for making such a cheap part, and have us pay over 3k$ for it!
Could not agree more. Trying to get an update on fixing an issue that posed a serious safety concern. I may as well be talking to a wall.

I cannot believe how unresponsive they are.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Quick update. After being told that the issue has been corrected and that the parts were shipping yesterday for delivery on Friday (10/19) I asked for the tracking numbers. One email and one phone call later (I initiated both) I was told, that in fact, the parts did not ship. It is sad that I have to keep chasing Vorsteiner for information. Do they think ducking me is making it any better? I feel like I am dealing with eight year olds. I dont care how well the issue has been corrected if the parts are 3,000 miles away and not on my car. Looking as good as new is pointless if the parts are in their factory.

Just had to vent.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
saint828 is on a distinguished road
What happen to Vivid? The seller must take full responsibility.. planning to buy a SC now I have second thoughts

Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
Still haven't heard from them!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
negrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to behold
just find a bad *** body shop. same thing happened to me with my GT3.2 kit. HORRIBLE fitment issues. Nothing fit right. The rear has major gaps between the lights. The front was way off and needed to be cut and filled in. 7K about to be down the drain but the shop fixed it to perfection

Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I'd post this on every m3 forum you can find. That is their bread and butter crowd. As for vivid racing, I was planning on doing the 5 lug conversion and buying a set of volk racing G12 wheels but I'll go find another place to buy them from. I don't want to deal with a company that screws their customers. I am worried that if I am shipped wheels with the wrong offset or anything else wrong with them they would tell me to pound sand and not help me.

Last edited by hakaida; 10-17-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hakaida
I'd post this on every m3 forum you can find. That is their bread and butter crowd. As for vivid racing, I was planning on doing the 5 lug conversion and buying a set of volk racing G12 wheels but I'll go find another place to buy them from. I don't want to deal with a company that screws their customers. I am worried that if I am shipped wheels with the wrong offset or anything else wrong with them they would tell me to pound sand and not help me.
Mackin Industries (the US Importer of Rays Wheels / Volk products) is way more upstanding than the Vorsteiner. Though it might take you a while to exchange the wheels if you were given the wrong offset since they batch their shipment for sea freight.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Site Sponsor
vividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just to update this thread so we don't look like we dropped the ball.

On 9/27 discussed with Aziz that Vorsteiner would replace the bumper no problem. They are going to arrange pickup from the customer and another bumper would be prepared or a full refund for the product. Aziz agreed to this but now has changed his mind.

I"m sorry but it is not our fault that your bodyshop painted and installed the parts then pointed out fitment issues.

I don't know what else we can do for the customer replacing the original part or a full credit seems like a fair offer.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:23 AM
azqureshi is on a distinguished road
Hey guys been busy at work....So I did speak to ROB at Vivid who happens to be the owner...Not happy with his resolve at all...Got the same response from him in the conversation....To send the bumper back to Vorsteiner and they would refund me....I told him several times my dealings were with him and not Vorsteiner...I purchased the bumper from him and not Vorsteiner...His reply was if I send the bumper back to him he won't get his money back from Vorsteiner....At that point I'm thinking in my head do I really care if he does get anything back....All I really wanted from Vivid was to be like you know what we can go above and beyond....Like offering to help me out with labor that it would cost to get the old bumper removed or splitting the costs for the labor....Obviously Rob was not interested....So I just filed a claim with my Credit Card company....Whats a surprise is that Andreas from Vorsteiner just happened to email me 2 weeks ago telling me that my new bumper is ready....After I emailed him and let him know about the dispute....He never replied back...So much from resolve on their side....Btw If any of you want a Direct contact email from Vorsteiner let me know....

My advice to anyone out there....Don't buy anything from Vivid or Vorsteiner....Rob's attitude is a really good reflection towards Vivid's customer service....I will post this thread on every M3 forum as well....Lastly this isn't about the money it's about making a statement....To bad that Vivid's rep that sold me the bumper, made to many false statements in his sales pitch....

Old 11-03-2012, 04:30 AM
azqureshi is on a distinguished road
JOSH...Just so you know there is a such thing as privacy....I'm not sure if you have such procedures at Vivid....But your not suppose to release the name of a customer who made a financial transaction with your company on a public thread....

Old 11-03-2012, 11:36 AM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
This sounds very reasonable.

As several have already stated: the bumper should have NEVER been painted before fitment!

OP: Why hasn't your body shop stepped up and not charged you any other labor for their poor work? Their mistake!

I think you're not being reasonable, especially since you already have a replacement bumper and Vorsteiner is willing to handle the exchange.

Perhaps if you AND your body shop would have followed instructions (Vorsteiner has a sticker on their product to test fit the item) and proper procedures you wouldn't have these issues. Quite frankly, your body shop shouldn't have charged you and your blame and flames are MISDIRECTED.

As stated previously, I've purchased a lot of products from Vorsteiner for my former M3 (V-CSL) going back to 2005, and although some parts may have had an issue here or there, I was always EXTREMELY satisfied with their product (replacement or not) and service - if there was ever an issue they took care of it - as they're trying to take care of you.

Since you referenced M3 forums - Mine was all over them Vorsteiner FTMFW

BEST IN SHOW - THANK YOU VORSTEINER

Vorsteiner/Brembo, Vorsteiner wheels, Vorsteiner body, Vorsteiner interior, Vorsteiner engine bay - all great stuff!

Name:  V-CSLM310.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  75.2 KB

Name:  GJGM3VCSLVert-1-1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8636.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  102.0 KB

Name:  IMG_8637.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  95.1 KB

Originally Posted by vividracing2
Just to update this thread so we don't look like we dropped the ball.

On 9/27 discussed with Aziz that Vorsteiner would replace the bumper no problem. They are going to arrange pickup from the customer and another bumper would be prepared or a full refund for the product. Aziz agreed to this but now has changed his mind.

I"m sorry but it is not our fault that your bodyshop painted and installed the parts then pointed out fitment issues.

I don't know what else we can do for the customer replacing the original part or a full credit seems like a fair offer.

Last edited by gonz996; 11-03-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Gonz996, just cause you had good experience with your bmw parts, doesn't mean we didn't have problems with the porsche parts they sell, I didn't paint my part and tried many ways to have it fit, the thing is if you say perfect fitment, then us customer shouldn't have to pay extra to have it fit. And I tried contacting vivid and vorsteicrap, funny they reply to the thread here but don't reply to my messages, shows you what kind of business they running, THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT THEY SELL!!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
We san agree to disagree. I know one of the Vorsteiner principles and I've been around the forum communities for quite a while and know many who have purchased their parts. The only time I've ever heard of anything close to not standing behind their product is when the purchaser or shop, etc., has done something they shouldn't have.

In this instance with the OP it happens and that's not Vorsteiner's fault; as it is they appear to be "standing behind" the product, but why should they pay for someone else's incompetence? Not. I also don't think Vivid should be made to pay for that either.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:57 PM
As you can see, there's more than only one person who had issues with them only on this thread, I wonder how many other people had problem with them.. and till now only you have good experience, they are known for their BM parts, and that what you showed us to defend them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner Rear Bumper major fitment issue that I purchased from Vivid Racings