997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gundo on a 997.1 S & non "S" models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Silverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to all
Gundo on a 997.1 S & non "S" models

I have researched & found nothing on here regarding the Gundo hack on 997.1S & non "S" models & wanted to see if any of you guys that did this can tell me whether there is a difference between doing it on a sport exhaust & non sport exhausts? Will it be louder? or have more droning?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:35 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
The gundo hack is basically replicating the PSE, minus the ability to toggle between both. The hack adds the by-pass that the SE has initially. I have the hack on my 997.1S and like it. I might be interested in selling my exhaust and/or swapping for stockers. I might be interested in something louder.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Louder than the Hack?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure of your questions. Perhaps you are confusing the 'S' model 997 differences with a Porsche Sport Exhaust (aka PSE)?

The base 997.1 has a 3.6L engine. The 'S' models up the engine size to 3.8L. This has nothing to do with the PSE option. Both base and 'S' models come with a standard exhaust muffler.

PSE is an option on the 'S' models. It might be an option for the non-S model too, not sure. Someone who knows will comment. With a PSE exhaust you have a valve in the muffler that opens to partially bypass exhaust around the muffler, sounding more aggressive.

The Gundo Hack permanently modifies your mufflers to partially bypass exhaust around the muffler. It sounds very similare to a PSE with the valve always open. It's an inexpensive way to get results very similar to installing a PSE. This can be done on both non-S and S model 997's.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Silverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to all
How do you know if you have a PSE exhaust or don't have one? I called the dealer to do a VIN check & they couldn't tell.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:34 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I have an S , non- PSE and thus did the Gundo. I think if you have the PSE option there will be a PSE button on the center under the radio area. If I remember correctly it looks like exhaust tips on the button.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:14 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eldertec
Louder than the Hack?
I believe I have a 1.5 hack and it's not that loud. I plan to add the Fabspeed x-pipe I have first and then determine if aftermarket mufflers are needed. Of course, that money might be better spent on Fabspeed headers.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:19 PM
cerbo is correct. a button, with an 'exhaust tip' icon will be at the bottom of your console. if not, do a simple visual inspection - you can see the components.

see this thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...996-video.html

if i'm not mistaken, you should also have the small/large tips on the PSE. standard 'S', with no PSE, like mine, will have dual tips - equal diameter.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
If you have PSE you will have one smaller tip (on the inside) and one larger tip. either a button with exhaust tips or if you have sport chrono, it turns on with the sport button. With sport chrono, you won't have the exhaust button.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Rev it up with the button on then off. If you hear a diff then you have PSE. If it's the same, then get the Gundo hack.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Suncoast offers a VIN decoding service for $10: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//VIN.html

This will show factory installed options for your car. Anything added or removed by previous owners will not show up.