997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Engine noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 PM
louie007 is on a distinguished road
Engine noise

Hi guys maybe its just me but today i heard a noise on my 2006 c4s that i have not heard before like a pulley or a water pump or maybe its just me i have put 2 clips maybe you guys can hear something , thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWWBH...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsBvs...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-04-2012, 06:53 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I don't listen to on-line noise clips and couldn't accurately diagnose one if I did (others can't either). However, any noise heard that is unusual or not heard before would be immediately checked out before driving the car again. Too much invested, too much to lose to chance a serious problem being ignored. Likewise, a minor problem left unchecked can become very expensive quickly.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Heard what sounded like a rattling noise / loose 'bolt' inside the engine being shuffled around last week. Took it in right away turned out to be the water pump - went ahead and replaced that. Was worried that it was something way more serious!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:13 PM
louie007 is on a distinguished road
yeh sames to be my problem , took out the air box sure enought the pulley on the water pump is wowbling and making the noise , but im storing the car for the winter and the mechanic suggested i wait till spring because he has seen water pumps go in the cold weather we have here during the winter in storage .

Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
The water pump won't go out because it is in storage for a period of time. It will go out after being stored, if it was going out anyway. Get it fixed while you can, so you have a properly running car in the Spring. Putting off repairs is simply asking for trouble.... oh it'll last a little while longer. Yeah, until it cuts loose getting on the highway.