997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New center console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
New center console

I just finished this mod yesterday, was pretty easy. I did the same thing on my old Cayman, so I was familiar with the process. (I used the DIY from planet-9 as the process is the same..)

I got the console, backseat coin tray, and the trim under the shifter all done in Arctic Silver (from Bumperplugs) to match the exterior. I'm contemplating doing the door finishers as well.

Before:

After:

Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
nice work sir
I sometimes wish for skills like those

enjoy!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I want to do the same on my silver 4S. I have black interior.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looking mod.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:09 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Wow impressive change! Really accents the silver in the wheel now.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Very clean. That looks great.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Material improvement! Looks great

Matt

Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Did you use their core? Are you willing to share the entire cost? If not can you pm me. I am going to do this as well. Last do you have a link to the DIY?

Looks fantastic.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Look's better than the black but doesn't match the rest of the interior accents. Are you planning having the Alumalook pieces done in Arctic Silver to match ?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dadio
Look's better than the black but doesn't match the rest of the interior accents. Are you planning having the Alumalook pieces done in Arctic Silver to match ?
His other was blue, not black. It does match some accents. Personally I like the console, seat backs, etc, to match the car's exterior color. Silver seat belts would help set off more contrast (his his case).

Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Sure would be cool to have a matching console lid.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
OCT
OCT is on a distinguished road
Very nice mod! It looks awesome!
i try to remove the console and paint it before
My 997 is auto and I have hard time to remove the shift
It got a spring inside the shift
i am afraid to take it out

Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Darthvader
Did you use their core? Are you willing to share the entire cost? If not can you pm me. I am going to do this as well. Last do you have a link to the DIY?

Looks fantastic.
Yes, they sent me the new console & I am sending mine back for the core deposit. You WILL want to send it back given the price of the core.. Not sure what you mean by sharing the cost?

Here's a link to the procedure I used - it's from a Cayman-geared site, but the procedure is the same..

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/caym...sole-swap.html

Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
I was wondering what the total price of the was?

Thanks for the link

Originally Posted by saabin
Yes, they sent me the new console & I am sending mine back for the core deposit. You WILL want to send it back given the price of the core.. Not sure what you mean by sharing the cost?

Here's a link to the procedure I used - it's from a Cayman-geared site, but the procedure is the same..

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/caym...sole-swap.html

Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
saabin That looks awesome !! Looks totally different, how long did it end up taking you ?

I'm contemplating doing the door finishers as well.
+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New center console