997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Truly a collectable....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:42 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
we have one

Old 07-11-2005, 02:44 PM
just saw the nasty interior though - yuk

Old 07-11-2005, 03:19 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
your dad's a pimp :-)

Old 07-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
I too have seen this car on Ebay several times. At one point, I contacted the seller. He wasn't too eager to give me all the information. This car has been discussed quite a lot on the Rennlist forums. This particular car has issues.

There has been a lot of discussions about the collector theroy of these cars (993tt "S"). I personally love them, many people feel there wasn't enough difference between the regular turbos and the turbo "S" to demand the extra money.

If you want a collectible car, find a flatnose 1994 Turbo "S", about 39 of those were made and these car sold for more money new. Find a 1992 US Carrera Cup, Porsche made 45 of these street legal race cars. If you want very very very rare, their is a 964 C4 Lighweight for sale at RPM, only 20 of those were made.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
mm5k is infamous around these parts
Problem is....why would you pay $100k for a car that looks like it's worth no more than $5k to the average guy on the street? The design just isn't radical enough to what we have today to warrant it 'a true collectible' to anyone but the most astutely trained P enthusiasts.

I have a CTT and a C4s cab on the way, I wouldn't even look twice at this thing if I saw it on the road.

Put this against something as simple as a Dodge Challenger Convertible - and it looks, well....tacky!

Old 07-11-2005, 04:38 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally posted by mm5k
Problem is....why would you pay $100k for a car that looks like it's worth no more than $5k to the average guy on the street? The design just isn't radical enough to what we have today to warrant it 'a true collectible' to anyone but the most astutely trained P enthusiasts.

I have a CTT and a C4s cab on the way, I wouldn't even look twice at this thing if I saw it on the road.

Put this against something as simple as a Dodge Challenger Convertible - and it looks, well....tacky!
All that poisonous gas in the atmosphere where you live has seriously f'ed with your head there buddy

Old 07-11-2005, 04:54 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mm5k

You are on crack dude......
That car is sweet. Lemme guess, the Cayenne is your 1st Porsche?

Old 07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by BD 997
your dad's a pimp :-)

Old 07-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
the hood doesn't align correctly with the front bumper I do actually love the interior though - different strokes...

I noticed the top bidder is vipimports.com I went to their website and they were talking about how they are the best yada yada yada. How you can trust them because they only buy creampuff cars from original owners. How they "never buy from dealers, brokers or auto auctions"

BUSTED

Old 07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen this car on ebay a bunch of times - this car has been on the block as long as a crack ho LOL

Old 07-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
well, I had to use one of the pics as my avatar because it just looked damn cool.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by LUIS95993
You are on crack dude......
That car is sweet. Lemme guess, the Cayenne is your 1st Porsche?

Yes it is....I'm relatively young also - 30. Like I said, to the untrained P enthusiast - and I would include myself in that list - this does not look like a 100k car..

Course, what I think doesn't matter, just giving you an opinion of an "average Joe."

Old 07-12-2005, 02:35 AM
its the last air cooled Porsche turbo and there are only 181 993TT S (real ones from factory) in the world so it is a collector's....less produced than even an Enzo

Old 07-12-2005, 04:02 AM
Msindi,

Thanks for the background info, but if I see an Enzo, I know (and so does Joe Bloggs) that it is a rare and limited edition car...

That P Car - just looks well....like an older model P. You have to be a true P enthusiast to appreciate it imo.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Clubrcr
I too have seen this car on Ebay several times. At one point, I contacted the seller. He wasn't too eager to give me all the information. This car has been discussed quite a lot on the Rennlist forums. This particular car has issues.

There has been a lot of discussions about the collector theroy of these cars (993tt "S"). I personally love them, many people feel there wasn't enough difference between the regular turbos and the turbo "S" to demand the extra money.

If you want a collectible car, find a flatnose 1994 Turbo "S", about 39 of those were made and these car sold for more money new. Find a 1992 US Carrera Cup, Porsche made 45 of these street legal race cars. If you want very very very rare, their is a 964 C4 Lighweight for sale at RPM, only 20 of those were made.
You mean like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...560204662&rd=1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.