997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Drive off assist failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 PM
blee321 will become famous soon enoughblee321 will become famous soon enough
Drive off assist failure

I'm apologizing in advance if this is a topic previously covered...

I've noticed on two occasions over the past month that after driving for a few feet there is a beep and momentarily there will be a message on the dash which reads, "Drive-Off Assist Failure".

It stays on for 20 seconds or so and then disappears.

Has anyone noticed this problem/warning?

Thanks
Brian.

(Car 2012 997.2 C4S 2.5k miles 6 sp)

Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
The PDOA has been a problem for Porsche with some cars. I have heard of a few folks that have had their cars back to the dealers 4 times before it was remedied. One guy a while back had Porsche buy his car back because they could not fix it. Stay off hills.
Good luck.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg
The PDOA has been a problem for Porsche with some cars. I have heard of a few folks that have had their cars back to the dealers 4 times before it was remedied. One guy a while back had Porsche buy his car back because they could not fix it. Stay off hills.
Good luck.
Pain in the buns, do you know how he finally got porsche to fix it?

Thanks

Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I can t believe that put that crap on these cars. Don t buy a sports car if you can t drive one. Keep us posted in case other come across this.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I can t believe that put that crap on these cars. Don t buy a sports car if you can t drive one. Keep us posted in case other come across this.
I completely agree, I would rather not have it, but its standard you know... (I certainly didn't know it would have it)

Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blee321
I completely agree, I would rather not have it, but its standard you know... (I certainly didn't know it would have it)
Yes I know and I hate the way it feels on hills, that s kinda why I responded on this topic.... I didn t realize it was on my car either until the first time I was on a hill and it made me feel I didn t know how to drive stick, IMO the car just holds back too long, LOL... I did not suggest that anyone on here doesn t know how to drive .

Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
ato911 will become famous soon enough
I had the same problem with my 2010 C2S manual trans. The dealer tried to fix the problem but could not find anything wrong. They hooked up my car to a computer and had me drive around town. The computer said that I was driving around with the clutch constantly being depressed. Between shifts, I thought that my left foot wasn't touching the clutch but not according to the computer. So, I had to change my driving style by resting my left foot on the dead pedal in between shifts. The problem went away. So, the problem was the user not the car. I hope that this helps.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by ato911
I had the same problem with my 2010 C2S manual trans. The dealer tried to fix the problem but could not find anything wrong. They hooked up my car to a computer and had me drive around town. The computer said that I was driving around with the clutch constantly being depressed. Between shifts, I thought that my left foot wasn't touching the clutch but not according to the computer. So, I had to change my driving style by resting my left foot on the dead pedal in between shifts. The problem went away. So, the problem was the user not the car. I hope that this helps.
I never had an issue with mine but that is a good point for the OPer to consider.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by ato911
awesome info! I do drive with my foot on the clutch! I'll have to remind myself.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
The "art" of driving a manual is fast disappearing - my first drive with my dad and all I really remember is "don't ride the clutch".

Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
ato911 will become famous soon enough
awesome info! I do drive with my foot on the clutch! I'll have to remind myself.
So, did that solve the problem?

Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
What is PDOA? When did they start putting it on the 911's?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
umbball is on a distinguished road
Happened to me on my 09 CPO 997.2 S. Took it to the dealer twice. The second time, they were able to figure it out. Some switch on the transmission had to be replaced. Since they replaced it, haven't had any issues (about 3 months now).

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
AllForTheCash will become famous soon enough
+1, I didn't know mine had it, until I came up to a hill one day

Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AllForTheCash
+1, I didn't know mine had it, until I came up to a hill one day
My 997.2 has it but old habits die hard and I still use the e-brake on steep hills :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drive off assist failure