997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

'10 C4S pre-wired for PSE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
'10 C4S pre-wired for PSE?

Hello everyone:
I did a search and could not find an answer that addressed whether or not the "S" cars come pre-wired for PSE from the console to the engine bay or not.

My car did not come with PSE but I recently bought a pair of the PSE mufflers. I know I need the switch and "a harness" but is the main harness within the interior of the car already there? Is the harness I need just for the engine compartment? Any help would be appreciated.

I have already purchased the PSE mufflers as that is what I want in the car. So with all due respect, this is not a debate about after-market exhaust v. PSE.

Thanks a lot,
Michael

Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche doesn't pre-wire anything according to discussions I had recently with a Porsche Factory Rep. It is a weight thing, by not pre-wiring they save several pounds of weight in the final auto. As they will tell you at the factory in Germany all Porsches are custom-made to order, no two cars are exacting alike unless ordered exactly the same by a dealer. All of the cars are sold to customers/dealers before they go into production.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
No pre-wiring on my '09, needed to do all the wiring from the cabin to the mufflers.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Kev, where did you have it done and may I ask what the price was?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Why wire it? It sounds great and it's not overly loud. Just leave it open all the time.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:17 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Kev, where did you have it done and may I ask what the price was?
I had it done at Motoring Unlimited in Issaquah. Unfortunately, they are out business. You may try to contact Alex at MaxRPM Motorosports and see if he can do it or not. Otherwise, the only choice left is the stealer.

Originally Posted by Steve997S
Why wire it? It sounds great and it's not overly loud. Just leave it open all the time.
Because I have the full Cargraphic exhaust with valves. It's really obnoxious driving at 4 in the morning to get to work with all that noise.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Because I have the full Cargraphic exhaust with valves. It's really obnoxious driving at 4 in the morning to get to work with all that noise.
Do you live with 71 SIX? He is who I was addressing

I see your point though about not wanting to wake the neighbors at 4AM. I don't have that issue. I live downtown and we're immune to street noises.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the replies. This is my wife's daily driver and I know she does not want it loud all the time. That is why I went with the PSE, I wanted it to be a stock Porsche exhaust on her car. If it were my DD, it might be different....

Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
chaser is on a distinguished road
Getting my 2010 Carrera 4s upgraded with PSE next week. Still have 4 years of warranty under CPO so Gundo Hack is out of the question for me. So instead of $250 I'll be forking out $3400. Hopefully the exhaust note will resemble what my 2003 PSE produced.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
My PSE was done by the dealer when first delivered. $3600 is about right for this upgrade. Interestingly, my car was never wired for PSE, and even though I have Sport Chrono, there is no 'off' on the PSE. I confirmed the missing actuation valve wiring during a 'meet your technician day' at Auto Gallery here in LA last year. As for the PSE noise, I do not think it is too loud in on all the time mode. You really only hear the difference above 4000 RPM which I don't usually hit driving through my neighborhood!