997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

nasty scratch - Paint Touch up

Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Maturola is on a distinguished road
nasty scratch - Paint Touch up

I wanted to share and give kudos to AutomotiveTouchUp.com, their stuff match perfectly my car code and it is very affordable.

I found a nasty scratch on the door and it was driving me crazy, since I really didn't see it when I got the car and I know I haven't hit anything.

Anyways, I got the Pre-Solvent, the Touchup Basecoat and the Rubbing compound. Here is how it look so far.

100% recommended for any Paint touch up or Scratch fix up

Edit: wanted to add this cost me less than $20, You are not suppose to wax for a month, so I'm sure it will b flawless once I can put some wax on it

Before and After:

Attached Images  

Last edited by Maturola; 02-20-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
good results,, mainly because it s along the edge.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
toptier will become famous soon enoughtoptier will become famous soon enough
good work. I just painted my center console using their paint and it matched perfectly also.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
evhudsons will become famous soon enoughevhudsons will become famous soon enough
I have some wear and tear scratches on my center console too I'm going to try it

Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 AM
AlohaSC is on a distinguished road
I have a worn spot showing on the inside passenger door handle from some lady, ahem, continually opening her door with a ring on her right hand. It has worn the paint completely off in a spot about 3/4" long and about 1/16" wide.

Does anyone know the paint color of the interior door handles? It may be Artic Silver? Opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AlohaSC
I have a worn spot showing on the inside passenger door handle from some lady, ahem, continually opening her door with a ring on her right hand. It has worn the paint completely off in a spot about 3/4" long and about 1/16" wide.

Does anyone know the paint color of the interior door handles? It may be Artic Silver? Opinions?

Thanks in advance.
I have this same issue. I assumed the best thing was to get replacement door parts. But if they can be fixed that would be great.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
the scratch in the first pic looks like bricks, and the second looks like siding. That's quite a transformation.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Maturola is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Domer911
the scratch in the first pic looks like bricks, and the second looks like siding. That's quite a transformation.
One picture was taken at the office, the other one at home.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I thought the exact some thing, but nice work Maturola and thank you for sharing. Looks like you did great job, let us know how it holds up and if you have any issues down the road.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:01 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
thanks for the info...

Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Looks good!

Old 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
grnmchn is on a distinguished road
Where do you find the color code for the center console?
Mine is scrathed and needs touch up.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:07 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by grnmchn
Where do you find the color code for the center console?
Mine is scrathed and needs touch up.
you can find it in your manual or service booklet. Porsche stop sticking the codes in the hood. If you can't find it, their website can provided it for you.
here's their samples:
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...7/911-carrera/

Old 09-26-2016, 05:20 PM
grnmchn is on a distinguished road
I looked through the manual - nothing showing color codes for my car.
There is a sticker on the inside of the hood that has codes, but which one is for the console?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Would you mind sharing how you fixed the chips? Did you fill the chips first? Or did you just paint over them?

And do you have the standard black or metallic black. I have the standard black and ordered from Dr Colorchip and it was not a good match.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: nasty scratch - Paint Touch up