997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Suggestions for drying car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
buy a CR spotless system, wash using the two bucket method, a foam gun and high quality microfiber wash mitts.

after your final rinse just blot dry using several quality and thick microfiber towels, do not wipe because wiping introduces marring. any remaining small drops will dry without spotting because of the CR spotless system.

The less you touch the paint the better, the above process will keep the finish looking nearly perfect for years (assuming it starts perfect and hasn't already been swirled and marred)

good luck
Art

Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM
colombiano is on a distinguished road
Deionizer is on my bucket list for sure, hopefully sooner then later. 911 I find is smaller then it looks when washing it.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
chuckbern will become famous soon enough
I keep to washing my car to a minimum. I also use the 3M glaze for any swirl fill-ins.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 PM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
Gas works fine - no residue. The engine burns the residue, it doesnt blow it out. No cords!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:33 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sixgun95
Gas works fine - no residue. The engine burns the residue, it doesnt blow it out. No cords!
Does your gas engine put off any exhaust?

Personally if I had a good gas one that I trusted I wouldn't bother to buy and electric one.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:24 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
anyone use a cordless electric blower? there are some selling for $30 on ebay. no rating but it's be great if they work for the car wash

Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 PM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gloves

Personally if I had a good gas one that I trusted I wouldn't bother to buy and electric one.
Exactly! Gas is fine.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
man, u guys keep this up, i might end up with a leaf blower..

currently i use a waffle weave towel (never ever use bathroom towel)

the Pcar is so small, wiping it down takes no time and i actually enjoy it.

plus, i like to wipe down under the hood, all around the door jams, and even the engine compartment.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:07 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
I use a synthetic chamois called the absorber and it is great at removing all water from flat surfaces when it's dry with that I use a cordless leaf blower to dry the crevices, I find that the leaf blower can sometimes kick up dust that will stick to a wet car so I dry as much as possible with the absorber. I dry my car in the garage so dust is a concern

Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute

I use a STIHL- BG86 gas blower, no exhaust, can totally dry car with two micro towels after blow down

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light

Based on when I use my Stihl blower or Shindiawa Trimmer that my clothes smell from the 2 stroke oil that comes out the muffler there is particulates that come out. I also get carbon build up around my exhaust tips which for some reason leads me to believe particulates that do not burn are exhausted out through the exhaust system.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
hot nikon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Can anyone recommend the best electric leaf blower for this application?
This right here. Metal impeller. Less than $80 at Low Depot, no residue associated with standard air compressor, takes 5 minutes, touches nothing, gets the H2O out of the tight spots, might take a damp 3-M brand micro fiber to wipe any waterspots. I have a black Carrera S coupe, I know about water spots.

When you use a blower, try to avoid blowing any sand or grit from floor back onto the car. That's why I'll rinse concrete after the car, sand is the problem you want to avoid.

Zaino, then the Gloss Finish, works well.

Attached Images  

Last edited by hot nikon; 04-17-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 PM
fastm3 is on a distinguished road
Well, as I mentioned before, I ended up buying a few Cobra waffle weave microfiber towels. The other day after I washed my car, I put 2 of them to use. Let me tell you, these babies sure do suck....I mean in a good way. The 911 is a small car, and with 2 of these towels, using a two handed method, I dried the whole car in a few minutes. They feel real soft too, so I'm sure they won't scratch. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip guys!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedphreek
I use a synthetic chamois called the absorber and it is great at removing all water from flat surfaces when it's dry with that I use a cordless leaf blower to dry the crevices, I find that the leaf blower can sometimes kick up dust that will stick to a wet car so I dry as much as possible with the absorber. I dry my car in the garage so dust is a concern
I use the Absorber too. Works well. I like the absorber, it's quick, super easy to keep clean and I've not seen it blemish the finish.

With all the leaf blowers and waffle weave microfiber users, I wonder if we are marring our finish. Might try a blower to see if its better, but by the time I pull one off the shelf, lay out the extension cord and start to use it, I'd be done with the Absorber.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I just brought one off of ebay for $25 shipped, get's great reviews on Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Decker...epn=5337259887

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for drying car?