997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just for discussion has anybody tried replacing halogen hi beam bulb with h7 hid bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Just for discussion has anybody tried replacing halogen hi beam bulb with h7 hid bulb

Has anyone tried this conversion. I know the bi xenons provide more than adequate lighting but if add this on it would be tremendous, flashing feature will obviously disappear but this would surely bring the house when it comes to lighting up the road. More economical too.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Actually, it will be blinding for the on-coming traffic.

With that said, I'm also exploring an LED option for that.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
1) lag in turning on high beams
2) More duty cycles on a high beam
3) need to focus the beam to reach out and not add more illumination up close.

If you can address all of those then it would make sense.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:11 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Led options would address the 1 and 2 concerns minok mentioned, which are totally valid concerns that would prevent installing such a system. Is there a viable led h7 bulb that would provide more lumens?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Kev the h7 halogens provide the low level illumination on high beam mode, should not blind oncoming traffic, i am referring to the bi zenons with the dual projector lamps in the headlight housing.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Kev the h7 halogens provide the low level illumination on high beam mode, should not blind oncoming traffic, i am referring to the bi zenons with the dual projector lamps in the headlight housing.
The flashers, right?

I'm in the process of ordering a set of high power LED for that purpose

Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM
911Stud will become famous soon enough
Ahh...just learnt something new. I always wondered why in the world we had halogen bulbs when Porsche advertises the car as having bi-xenon headlamps. In the past, non of my bi-xenon cars had an extra halogen bulb.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
hey kev what kind of led you getting? share info?

Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 PM
i just saw this on the internet http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-...headlights.htm
things that make me go hmmmm hmmm hmmm.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 PM
i just saw this on the internet http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-...headlights.htm
things that make me go hmmmm hmmm hmmm.
Yep, that's the one that I'm looking at currently. Just need to figure out how to run the wires and how to cool the module and not have it melt the headlight.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
I can understand the tendency of owners to want to tinker and upgrade parts of the car, but I suspect that what comes on the car from the factory is plenty good for the task it serves.

Fiddling with things in all likelihood will only degrade the overall net illumination, but then high power LED illumination is just now becoming a reality, so maybe there is some value there.