997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wet rear seat and floor behind driver 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AlfieM
Took the complete back interior out of the car today and found the leak to be from the rear quarter windows.
Wow, you made quick work of that tear down! Nice job. Hope the new seal goes in smoothly.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:00 AM
AlfieM is on a distinguished road
The car was always garaged prior to myself - also I am constantly washing the thing!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
The car was always garaged prior to myself - also I am constantly washing the thing!
Stop using a hose when you wash - I haven't used one in over two years - I use this and wash the car in the garage.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/onrwns.php

Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Tjhauske is on a distinguished road
thats to bad. hope you are able to fix this

Old 05-02-2013, 11:27 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

I use dry cleaning Seriously, as much as possible.

Yves

Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 AM
All sorted - car back together same day - 5 hour job but I'm now confident the problem has gone!

Old 05-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Ok, so do you mind telling us what the problem was. You indicated it was from the rear windows. What was the issue with those windows? Were the seals leaking?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Minok

As I said earlier in the discussion..

Took the complete back interior out of the car today and found the leak to be from the rear quarter windows. Specifically from a rivet that was missing from the strip that holds the external seal (picture attached) the passengers side also has a small leak from a rivet hole that was elongated. Just to add the car is factory fresh so this issues must have been from new!

Hope this helps with others that may have the same issue but may not know about it as this was the first I have heard of this problem.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:56 PM
update

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that I continued to have the same problem even after sealing the quarter lights (even though water was pouring in!)

I found an other leak which turned out to be a slit in the rear drainage hose from the sun roof to under the rear arch

Next problem - low voltage to the battery and I have already replaced the loom from the alternator to the starter???

Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 AM
gonzo__007 is a jewel in the roughgonzo__007 is a jewel in the roughgonzo__007 is a jewel in the roughgonzo__007 is a jewel in the rough
maybe it's gas... put a flame next to it, if it does not catch fire, it's something else... :-)

Old 09-24-2016, 08:40 AM
NaijaBerry is on a distinguished road
I had this same issue and searched a bit and not really gotten any answers, but managed to fix this just yesterday. I used to have a puddle on the back seats on the floor behind the front seats, I found the culprit.

If you open the rear seat speakers by pulling of the guard and then unscrewing the visible screw when the guard is off, you will be able to see a water collector, run your finger through that to ensure there's no blockage. I poured water down mine (from the back) and saw that the water didn't move, so this is where he water was overflowing into the rear seat and floor, this is the main drainage for the rear of the car.

The real culprit is this:

The main water drain

You will have to remove the rear tyres and remove the guard to access this part, what you see here is the drain plug cleaned out, it was blocked with mud when I got there. Pull it out and unblock and remove any dirt from inside the drain and voila!

Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Have you been offroading in that car?

Anyhow, I can't stress how important it is to check all the body water drains and ensure all are free flowing. The ones under the front trunk on either side of the battery can get blocked with plant trash that gets shed and falls down onto the car. I try to avoid parking under/near trees/bushes that shed stuff but sometimes this is not always possible.

I am careful to when I walk up to the car to remove any trash before it can possibly make its way into the water drain basins.

I am not sure where the rest of the drains are for all models but each owner should know, find out from his Porsche tech, and keep a close eye on these drains to ensure they remain open and the water doesn't back up.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:43 AM
NaijaBerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Macster
Have you been offroading in that car?

Anyhow, I can't stress how important it is to check all the body water drains and ensure all are free flowing. The ones under the front trunk on either side of the battery can get blocked with plant trash that gets shed and falls down onto the car. I try to avoid parking under/near trees/bushes that shed stuff but sometimes this is not always possible.

I am careful to when I walk up to the car to remove any trash before it can possibly make its way into the water drain basins.

I am not sure where the rest of the drains are for all models but each owner should know, find out from his Porsche tech, and keep a close eye on these drains to ensure they remain open and the water doesn't back up.
I was quite shocked at the amount of dirt up there, I just bought the car!

Thanks for the tips, I will have a look at the ones in front as well

Old 05-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Renditiondezign is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NaijaBerry
I was quite shocked at the amount of dirt up there, I just bought the car!

Thanks for the tips, I will have a look at the ones in front as well
@naijaberry bro I am in Lagos also, looking for a 996 and also a car guy, would like your contact 08160765412 whatsapp me