997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

MoBridge Bluetooth/Ipod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
MoBridge Bluetooth/Ipod

My local high end audio guy suggested this for my 06'. Integrates with the existing PCM and makes the steering wheel control functional. He has installed many and says it works great.

Anyone have any comments about this system?

http://www.mobridge.us/products/most-bluetooth-ipod-aux

Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
how much for the unit and install? thx

Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 AM
teknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really nice
I have this.

BT works ok. Some noise interference. I use this many times daily and it works.

Ipod control is pretty miserable. In saying that, the programmers have done as good a job as possible in integrating it into a system for which it was not originally designed.

I use my ipod control very infrequently. I prefer to burn a playlist to a CD.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by teknostar
I have this.

BT works ok. Some noise interference. I use this many times daily and it works.

Ipod control is pretty miserable. In saying that, the programmers have done as good a job as possible in integrating it into a system for which it was not originally designed.

I use my ipod control very infrequently. I prefer to burn a playlist to a CD.
Which model do you have, to be honest this is the 1st negative comment I have seen about the mobridge, all others say it was great. I was quoted $899 installed.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:04 AM
teknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really nice
Originally Posted by sixgun95
Which model do you have, to be honest this is the 1st negative comment I have seen about the mobridge, all others say it was great. I was quoted $899 installed.
Not sure of the model, I had it installed about 18 months ago. (In AU though)

Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
I concur with teknostar. Ipod control is slow and just stupid.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 AM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Agree with prior comments about iPod control. Occasionally, the interface with the iPod is intermittent and seems not to read/connect. Dunno if this is unique to mine or a common issue, but it can be frustrating. The system was already installed on the car when I purchased so I'm unsure which model. All in all, without upgrading from PCM1, it's better than nothing.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
I am really leaning toward a new aftermarket head unit unit. They are so much better.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Darthvader
I am really leaning toward a new aftermarket head unit unit. They are so much better.
What do you consider the best aftermarket head unit?

Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Goldduster is on a distinguished road
If you have steering wheel controls and want to keep them, you'll need an HUR unit in addition to the new head.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
I have not started the search yet. Saw a couple installs on the forum that look good.

I don't have controls on my wheel for what ever reason.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Goldduster;3840247]If you have steering wheel controls and want to keep them, you'll need an HUR unit in addition to the new head.[/QUOTE

What is a HUR unit?

Old 05-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Goldduster is on a distinguished road
You can find the HUR unit on ebay - just put in HUR Porsche. But, if you don't have the Steering wheel controls and Bose; you don't need it and saved money. Then you just need the head unit and probably an amp. I have heard that some people just used the amp that came in the head unit and been happy, but when replaced it on my 996 I put in an Alpine amp and felt that it was worth it. If nothing else it had a nice blue light that lit up my frunk

Also, most people use the Pioneer, Kenwood or Alpine head units. I used the Kenwood, because it came with Garmin NAV, but that was a few years ago and one of the others may be better now.

Last edited by Goldduster; 05-05-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Hounddub is on a distinguished road
After a disastrous experience with a Dension unit I had one of these Mobridge BT units fitted 6 weeks ago.

I goes back into the workshop tomorrow to be replaced under warranty. BT stopped working.

So for me that will be 3 BT units in the car in 4 months. Not happy, not going to do this again. Going aftermarket next.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I think if my installer is willing to warranty the Mobridge I will give it a shot. Really want to keep the PCM to maintain the original look. It seems "most" users have had good luck. The right answer is probably a new head unit but I am willing to tolerate some user pain to keep the car original.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MoBridge Bluetooth/Ipod