997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is there a way to fill the headlight washer holes in front bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Is there a way to fill the headlight washer holes in front bumper?

I have cracks in my 997.1 C2 front bumper. Rather than repair the bumper, I bought a used bumper in excellent condition to replace it. Only problem is the new 'used' bumper was designed with holes for headlight washers. My car doesn't have that option.

I know bumperplugs.com can paint your headlight washer heads but I don't think they sell plugs to cover the holes. I plan to paint the replacement bumper so that it looks perfect when it's done. Is there a way to fill the holes or a place where I can buy plugs to fill in the holes? TIA!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:06 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Body shop can fill it and sand. All 997 has headlight washer nozzle tho

Old 09-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
If you can find properly sized plugs you like I would imagine bumperplugs could paint them to match.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 AM
AllForTheCash will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by djantlive
Can you just buy the top of the washers and plug them it?

I thought all 997s have the washers as well... not all 991s have it (unless you order the "upgraded" headlights) so I guess this was an option as well for the 997s

Old 09-01-2013, 11:06 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by djantlive
This is probably my first option. My 05 did not have headlight washers.

Originally Posted by Dadio
If you can find properly sized plugs you like I would imagine bumperplugs could paint them to match.
Was hoping for ideas as to where to source such plugs.

Originally Posted by AllForTheCash
Can you just buy the top of the washers and plug them it?

I thought all 997s have the washers as well... not all 991s have it (unless you order the "upgraded" headlights) so I guess this was an option as well for the 997s
If bodyshop cannot fill the holes and paint over them, my second option would probably be to buy washer nozzles to plug the holes (even tho they'd be non-functional).

Thanks guys!

Old 09-01-2013, 03:16 PM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by John in Norcal
This is probably my first option. My 05 did not have headlight washers.

Was hoping for ideas as to where to source such plugs.

If bodyshop cannot fill the holes and paint over them, my second option would probably be to buy washer nozzles to plug the holes (even tho they'd be non-functional).

Thanks guys!
why couldn't a body shop fill holes and make them disappear? seems like simple body work for any competent shop

Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by kkswow12
why couldn't a body shop fill holes and make them disappear? seems like simple body work for any competent shop
This is my hope and first option. Will meet with shop this week.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
auto store should sell the plugs... I ve gotten them in bags with assorted sizes.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Bought this metal plug at OSH

Picked up this plug at OSH to fill in the 7/8th-inch hole in bumper. Fits perfectly. Doesn't sit completely flush but may look okay if painted body color.

Will meet with body shop tomorrow and determine if we will fill the holes or paint over these plugs.

Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Update

Met with body shop and decided to paint the plugs instead of filling in the holes. Here's a pic of the finished job. I'm happy with the result.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper plugs1.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	278283  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 AM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome!

Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by sixgun95
Looks awesome!
Thanks!

Old 09-10-2013, 05:52 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Met with body shop and decided to paint the plugs instead of filling in the holes. Here's a pic of the finished job. I'm happy with the result.
That looks great, good choice!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:32 PM
griffinto is on a distinguished road
Looks really good! I think you made the right choice!

Old 09-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I actually bought a set of headlight washer nozzles to plug into the holes just in case the plugs didn't turn out well. I'm happy with the result and will stick with the plugs.