997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Gateway vs iOS 7 vs iPhone 4/5/S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 07:57 PM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Dension Gateway vs iOS 7 vs iPhone 4/5/S

To those who have the Dension Gateway 500, can you kindly confirm it works with iOS 7 via the 30pin connection? and via Bluetooth for those who has the BT version?

Thanks.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:43 AM
mankey is on a distinguished road
I've found some irritating problems with iOS7 on the iPhone 5. It's probably not solely related to the phone but iOS7, but when connected with bluetooth I've noticed the PCM can open a phone call whenever an email comes in or a text message appears. It can also happen when you unlock the iPhone, which is quite alarming.

I'm going to see if this is related to the notifications.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:02 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info. I will be interested in your further finding as I'm about to place the order for the Gateway 500S BT. Thx

Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Haven't had a chance to test anything yet, but I've placed a support call with Dension to ask if they're aware of it. To some it will be a mild irritation, but for older GW500 models it could be a serious show-stopper.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:29 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
I have had the Dension 500S BT for over a year now and it's been great! I am also using an older iPod Nano for the music end and the iPhone 5 for the B/T end and no problems what so ever.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ
I have had the Dension 500S BT for over a year now and it's been great! I am also using an older iPod Nano for the music end and the iPhone 5 for the B/T end and no problems what so ever.
Hi,
Yes, I've used the iPhone 5 for about the same time but the crucial point is whether you've updated the phone to the latest iOS 7.02.

Surely it's not merely coincidental that when I updated, my problems started.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:15 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Yes I have the updated iOS 7.02. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.I called from landline to car bluetooth and it does not ring thru car speaker?My phone rings itself and I can answer thru BT just no ring?What's up with that! :-/ I myself just did the update recently....Need to find out this one fast!I will post if I find anything concrete.Thanks again!

Old 10-02-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm not in a postion to test any further at present because I'm away from home for a few days, but having posted the issue with Dension this morning I'm hoping to hear something soon.

I'm in the UK (so 8 hours ahead of you) and posted the ticket around 9 hours ago, but hopefully there's a reasonable solution to this one.

I'll let you know if Dension contact me.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 PM
mankey,Eric from BumperPlugs already contacted me,that is where I purchased my unit.I'm going through the instructions that he gave me and I will pass on to you in the next hour or so!Wish me luck!I will report back!Barry

Old 10-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Oddly enough I imported mine from Bumperplugs so that was going to be my next call if Dension didn't produce an answer.

Thanks for letting me know and will be interested to hear from you so hope you're successful.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Thumbs up

I'm back up and running!!
Here's what Eric had me do!
Remove the phone from the Dension device menu.
Remove the Dension from the phone's bluetooth device list.
Reboot the phone.
Reset the Dension (paperclip): press the reset on the Aux and hold it 3 seconds with ignition on.Let go.Turn car off,remove key,ley sit for 10 minutes.

Restart car,re-pair the phone to Dension(may need to turn the BT Audio back on) and see if that repairs it.
He said Apple is nutty with their firmware updates and it often screws up bluetooth systems.

I noticed on my BT Audio the volume was all the way down at 0!I bumped it up to around 30 on the volume ladder and it comes in great!Now it even will ring to any ringtone that I have set on my phone,never did that before, it was always a basic ring!Good luck and let me know how your problem makes out!Sincerely,Barry

Old 10-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi Barry, that's really good news and I appreciate you getting back to me.

If you think about it, I should have tried all that to begin-with because when you later think about what Eric said, it all makes sense.

When I'm next back with the car I'll try it and I guess it'll work for me as well. I also set the sensitivity of the microphone, also the default volume level, so I'll make sure I reset those.

Many thanks again.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by mankey
Hi Barry, that's really good news and I appreciate you getting back to me.

If you think about it, I should have tried all that to begin-with because when you later think about what Eric said, it all makes sense.

When I'm next back with the car I'll try it and I guess it'll work for me as well. I also set the sensitivity of the microphone, also the default volume level, so I'll make sure I reset those.

Many thanks again.
Your very welcome! Let me know what your outcome is!

Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Glad this resolved. Anyone with issues (who bought from us) feel free to email anytime:

eric@bumperplugs.com

Thanks.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Thank you all for the update and advice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway vs iOS 7 vs iPhone 4/5/S