997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear Fog Light Bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
soccerTOOLsu is on a distinguished road
Rear Fog Light Bulb

Anybody have to remove and replace their rear fog light bulb yet?

P/N is 900 631 017 90

Did a google search and didn't find anything. Haven't looked in manual.

Also where is the cheapest place to buy (price + shipping).

Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
JustinCase is on a distinguished road
You are talking about the LEFT rear fog light bulb, I trust?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Arent they just regular 2prong bulbs they sell those at autozone or pepboys

Old 11-05-2013, 05:07 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by soccerTOOLsu
Anybody have to remove and replace their rear fog light bulb yet?

P/N is 900 631 017 90

Did a google search and didn't find anything. Haven't looked in manual.

Also where is the cheapest place to buy (price + shipping).
Google P21/4W

Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 AM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
It's just an ordinary bulb. Shouldn't be more than a couple bucks.
I've never used it.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by JustinCase
You are talking about the LEFT rear fog light bulb, I trust?
Don't we only have ONE (1) Rear Fog Light?

Or LHD cars its on the LHS. On RHD cars are on the RHS.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !

Or LHD cars its on the LHS. On RHD cars are on the RHS.
Each tail light has a fog lamp bulb but only one works - the driver's side...so you might just swap bulbs from passenger side to drivers side if you can't find a replacement bulb.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 AM
JustinCase is on a distinguished road
That was my point. I was trying to ascertain whether the OP was trying to repair a non-existent light or not. It's pretty hard to believe one of these ever burned out as there is virtually no cause to use it unless you live in Europe.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:00 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I use it in Fog and Heavy Rain, Sleet Snow driving.
It is a very useful and safe thing to use.
Sometimes I'll see someone driving around in good weather with it on, most people don't know about it.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
It's pretty hard to believe one of these ever burned out as there is virtually no cause to use it unless you live in Europe.
Heh? It doesn't get foggy outside of Europe?

The utility of the rear fog light in very heavy fog with 100m or less visibility is universal and applies wherever hat fog may be.

Granted, in the US drivers tend to misuse fog lights greatly and turn them on when there is a slight rainfall or its getting near twilight.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Some leo thats clueless was going to write me up for blown tail light i told the guy its a rear break light (was rainy and misreble out) he wouldnt believe me so i told him look it up and he said ok and let me do that but if your wrong ill find you in town and write you up kept me there for 35min

Old 11-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Some leo thats clueless was going to write me up for blown tail light i told the guy its a rear break light (was rainy and misreble out) he wouldnt believe me so i told him look it up and he said ok and let me do that but if your wrong ill find you in town and write you up kept me there for 35min
All you had to do was turn off the rear fog and then press on the brake pedal and it would have been evident that the brake lights were working properly.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:34 PM
That was my point. I was trying to ascertain whether the OP was trying to repair a non-existent light or not. It's pretty hard to believe one of these ever burned out as there is virtually no cause to use it unless you live in Europe.
Its my Driver's side Rear Fog that is out.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Its my Driver's side Rear Fog that is out.
That's the only side that works. Passenger side is not connected even though there's a bulb in the socket.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Originally Posted by carrera997re
All you had to do was turn off the rear fog and then press on the brake pedal and it would have been evident that the brake lights were working properly.
Yeah i know but he was a fat ***** that didnt want to hear anything

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Fog Light Bulb