997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need help on X51 Airbox Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Since my goal from the beginning was just to add BLING in the engine compartment, I'm not prepared to spend the extra $$$ on TB, plenum and ECU tune, which would certainly be cost prohibitive for me considering the coast of the x51 airbox. As such I'm gonna have to nuke this project for now. Thanks everyone for all your valuable input. I feel like I just myself from a catastrophic mistake!!!

Old 12-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Romysc4s
Since my goal from the beginning was just to add BLING in the engine compartment, I'm not prepared to spend the extra $$$ on TB, plenum and ECU tune, which would certainly be cost prohibitive for me considering the coast of the x51 airbox. As such I'm gonna have to nuke this project for now. Thanks everyone for all your valuable input. I feel like I just myself from a catastrophic mistake!!!
Fwiw, Suncoast Porsche had a sale about 2 years ago on the x51pkg, including heads, exhaust etc. It was 1/2 price about 6K$. Included w the pkg was a dealer reflash of the Ecu which was REQUIRED. I wanted the reworked heads not the airbox but the hp gain was minimal. Too much $ for bragging rights. Besides, who would listen? Good luck.