997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bose Speaker Finally Replaced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Surfingfreeman is on a distinguished road
Ryem3

Could you send me a private mail with your email, seeing as I don't have enough posts yet I'm not able to send you one with my email, I have a number of questions I'm hoping you can shed some light on. Thanks
Mike

Old 05-27-2014, 11:26 PM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
if this thread is over can I hijack it for one sort of related question?

In the passenger footwell you know the air con vent on the side next to the centre consol? Well mine vibrates when I play bass'y songs on or up loud, I press the vent and the vibration stops. anyone else get this? remedies? Was thinking of modding some gaffa tape to tone down the vibrations...

Old 06-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Sailingfun is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TTvetdoc
I've had my system in for 2 days now (same as RyeM3's). When I first listen after picking the car up I would say it was a good upgrade over the BOSE, knowing/hoping that further speaker break-in would improve sound.

Although I've only had about 2 hours of listening time on the speakers so far, they are already improving quite substantially in sound quality from when I first picked up the car. Better dynamic range, more detailed/natural high's and tighter bass. I would say the car now sounds excellent.

I've very happy with the change and would certainly recommend it do others.

I'd certainly be interested in swapping the BOSE subs if RyeM3 finds a suitable replacement that improves the bass tightness.

Russell
Russell, I also live in the Charlotte area and just purchased a 997 CAB. Do you mind if I ask where you had your install done. I can't seem to find a quality installer in the CLT area with Porche experience.
Thanks!

Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 PM
ktownlilrye is on a distinguished road
Hi guys i was wondering if any of you have changed you pcm to after market deck ? and if so how is the sound quality with bose system still in use?

Old 07-07-2014, 10:54 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3

I would definitely disconnect the center. It is probably much louder than the Focal tweeters and is drowning them out a bit.
Finally got around to taking out the center speaker.

Its a 2 minute job so I don't know why I waited so long.

Without the Bose center speaker, the focals work in harmony for improved sound/clarity... so, yeah, definitely disconnect/remove center speaker if u do the 'budget install' speaker upgrade.

now I have the setting on 0 treble and 0 bass on most songs via Dension.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:53 PM
luckyc27 is on a distinguished road
hey Crazycarlitos,

how are you? so I stopped by Gold Star Audio today and asked about info to do the same setup you did, have my appt for wednesday so just to make sure the setup you did is as follows:

the front:

IS200 2-way component (1" tweeter and 8" mid bass)
ISC100Coaxial (4" mid and 1" tweeter)

the rear:
ISC100 Coaxial

the Center: DISCONNECTED

Sub: LEAVE IT AS-IS (CONNECTED)

quick question, do you know how much of a difference in sound quality would it be if a leave the bose speakers on the rear or just do the IS200 on the front instead of IS200 AND ISC100coaxial??

Thanks for any replies, hopefully you'll see this post before wednesday in case I need to do any chances to my quoted setup.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luckyc27
hey Crazycarlitos,

how are you? so I stopped by Gold Star Audio today and asked about info to do the same setup you did, have my appt for wednesday so just to make sure the setup you did is as follows:

the front:

IS200 2-way component (1" tweeter and 8" mid bass)
ISC100Coaxial (4" mid and 1" tweeter)

the rear:
ISC100 Coaxial

the Center: DISCONNECTED

Sub: LEAVE IT AS-IS (CONNECTED)

quick question, do you know how much of a difference in sound quality would it be if a leave the bose speakers on the rear or just do the IS200 on the front instead of IS200 AND ISC100coaxial??

Thanks for any replies, hopefully you'll see this post before wednesday in case I need to do any chances to my quoted setup.
Yeah, that's the set up i got.

I wouldn't leave the Bose in the rear. The bose's crappy speakers seem to over power the focals. Better to just replace the rears with matching speakers, especially considering the low cost involved IMO.
And personally I would not know how it would sound if u just replaced the tweeter/woofer in the front and leaving the mids as-is. Once again, I'd prob go with replacing all the speakers while the door panels are off.
Let us know how u like it.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
Yeah, that's the set up i got.

I wouldn't leave the Bose in the rear. The bose's crappy speakers seem to over power the focals. Better to just replace the rears with matching speakers, especially considering the low cost involved IMO.
And personally I would not know how it would sound if u just replaced the tweeter/woofer in the front and leaving the mids as-is. Once again, I'd prob go with replacing all the speakers while the door panels are off.
Let us know how u like it.
If you don't replace it, you definitely need to disconnect it. You really want to replace the door mid ranges. You just cut one tab off the speakers and they drop in. (See my budget audio install).