997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

9500Ci vs AntiLaser (AL) Priority

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
9500Ci vs AntiLaser (AL) Priority

My car is at an installer to put in my 9500Ci and is telling me my laser jammers are no longer good against this new pulse laser gun. He is stating that Antilaser is the only one that will jam the new Dragoneye laser guns. Even the new "Pro" version of the 9500Ci has LI jammers, but supposedly they won't work on Dragoneye. Any info?

Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 AM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
I had. 9500ci installed last year, I have read somewhere else that the jammers are not 100% effective against new lasers. I do get false indications on occasion from sun angles, rare but happens. I have a hand held tester and the jammers are effective. If I were you I would consider other jammers such as Laser Interceptor if you want the mac daddy. Never heard of Antilaser, looked at the website - appears to be good. Tough call, you spend 2k to find out part of it is not the best. You need to decide how prevelant laser is in your area and if you want the best. In Scottsdale/Phx, rarely used so the 9500ci works for me.

Last edited by sixgun95; 03-20-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:44 AM
mmmazing will become famous soon enough
Is it possible to install AL Priority on our cars DYI and if so do you have directions? thank you

Old 04-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Laser jammer pursuits are, in my mind, a fools errand and just serve to separate you from your money.

Laser guns will get instant read and you generally don't get a lot of warning from cars in front getting scanned. The guns get better with each generation, to combat the latest jammers, which then adjust to combat the guns, and so on.

Many municipalities/states won't upgrade the speed guns every time a new model comes out.. they may be working with 10-20 year old technology because it still servers their needs.

The best option, for the money is use the radar detection as a warning (covers a lot of the threats), use your eyeballs as a warning detector (look at traffic in front of you as a way to see what you cannot see further down the road, and look for police cars and officers on the shoulders.

Beyond that, trying to detect and counter laser speed gear is an arms race that may be a fun gadget hobby to engage in but isn't worth the cost vs reward.