997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lug Nuts size to fit through Avant Garde M510

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 02:42 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Lug Nuts size to fit through Avant Garde M510

Guys, I need help finding correct size lug nuts to fit AG M510 on 997s. I just purchased these wheels from one of the vendor here and I wasn't told that I would need different lug nuts, also where can I purchase them from?
thanks

Old 04-13-2014, 01:55 AM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
If you're not using spacers, the stock lug bolt size should work fine. The main concern should be whether the new wheels have a conical or ball shaped lug hole. If the new wheels are ball, you can use the stock lug bolts. If not, you'll need new conical bolts in size M14x1.5x29.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:11 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by simtiaz
Guys, I need help finding correct size lug nuts to fit AG M510 on 997s. I just purchased these wheels from one of the vendor here and I wasn't told that I would need different lug nuts, also where can I purchase them from?
thanks
Maybe you should ask the vendor - he ought to know they size of the correct lug bolts and where you can buy them. Who is the vendor?

Old 04-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JCD911S
If you're not using spacers, the stock lug bolt size should work fine. The main concern should be whether the new wheels have a conical or ball shaped lug hole. If the new wheels are ball, you can use the stock lug bolts. If not, you'll need new conical bolts in size M14x1.5x29.
Stock lug bolts don't work because the head of the bolt is to large in diameter for the lug hole in the wheel. Can't get socket on it.

I just purchased a set of M510 and they came with all the hardware including a lug bolt socket. Who's the vendor you purchased from?

Best

Matt

Old 04-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Guys thanks for your help I purchased the set brand new from Eric @ Nitrous Garage who is one of the vendor on 6speed. I also think he should have known that these wheels will require special size lug bolts. I had to swap tires out of my factory rims to these because tires still have 80% life left and have different plans for factory rim. So now I am SOL till I get the bolts to mount these wheel. Ive contacted the vendor yesterday but I guess they dont work Saturday. Ill wait to hear back from him and hope he can send a set out quick.

Last edited by simtiaz; 04-14-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Usually aftermarket wheels are conical seat.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:35 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by simtiaz
Guys thanks for your help I purchased the set brand new from Eric @ Nirous Garage who is one of the vendor on 6speed. I also think he should have known that these wheels will require special size lug bolts. I had to swap tires out of my factory rims to these because tires still have 80% life left and have different plans for factory rim. So now I am SOL till I get the bolts to mount these wheel. Ive contacted the vendor yesterday but I guess they dont work Saturday. Ill wait to hear back from him and hope he can send a set out quick.

I agree, Vendor should have known given the fact the wheels were for a Porsche. But then, board vendors pay for the privilege of advertising here. No guarantee they all know anything about the products they sell or the cars they are used on. Hope they step up and take care of you.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:38 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Porsche or not vendor should know that the wheels require a smaller head lug bolt in order for the socket to fit. GP7's also need a smaller head bolt.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Phil_D will become famous soon enoughPhil_D will become famous soon enough
My AG rims use tuner lug bolts, do not use stock or aftermarket spherical bolts on any rim with tapered seats.

The hole size for the lug bolt is very small on my AG rims, and you need to use the AG splined lug bolts. They are around $100 a set and available from a few places online.

Make sure you know exactly what type of lug bolts you need and get the correct ones.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:47 AM
You know, I may just have a set of chrome lug bolts here. Let me check...

Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 AM
If these are the ones you need, I have a set here. $70 shipped. But to be honest the rims should have some with a set of lug bolts and I would call the vendor and ask for them.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000021.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	359540  
Old 04-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Still waiting to hear back hopefully in about hour or so due to time zone difference, east to west.
Phil_D, thanks for the info and offer I'll wait to hear back from vendor and see if he'll include the set with the wheels so I don't have to dish out more $$. Meanwhile can you please tell me the messurements on this bolts?

Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM
They are M14x1.5x25. I'm pretty certain that AG supply a complete set with the splined socket with every set of rims.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Ok great thanks!! yea I read on other forums/threads that AG supplys new lugs set to go with these wheels and I am thinking it's just oversight by the vendor, I had the wheels powdercoated, they probably forgot to put them back in the box before shipping.
will keep you guys posted.
Sid

Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 AM
But for the socket to fit make sure the lug bolt heads are smaller than OEM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lug Nuts size to fit through Avant Garde M510