997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Probably stupid Ctek question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:27 PM
mkoenigsheim is on a distinguished road
Probably stupid Ctek question

Hi All - I have a 997s and to date when i need to maintain the battery i have connected my Ctek charger directly to the battery - I recently bought the lighter adaptor.

i searched an most people connect this to the footwell adaptor.. - I don't have a footwell adaptor.

Question - do others connect the adaptor to the lighter adaptor in the centre console - under the ashtray flap? I tried but it didn't appear to start charging?

i was probably being impatient but if somebody could confirm?

Old 01-22-2015, 03:38 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
You can plug it either place, it doesn't matter.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Carnut12 is on a distinguished road
I use the Center Console, it works great!!! I hook it up once every 2 weeks or so, I do not keep it on all the time. It takes about 24 hours to turn Green each time I do it, no problems so far.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Sometimes it's the footwell, or ashtray and occasionally the center console cubby. I also have the pigtail direct connect to battery terminals but only recall using that once. Luckily they all work the same... with my ADHD...

Old 01-22-2015, 05:09 PM
golfnutintib is on a distinguished road
Your lighter connection should work - if your CTEK is not recognizing it it may be your adapter plug or your lighter socket is bad. In all Porsche's of recent history the lighter socket connects to the battery directly, there is no switch in the path - same as connecting straight to battery terminals.

Originally Posted by mkoenigsheim
Hi All - I have a 997s and to date when i need to maintain the battery i have connected my Ctek charger directly to the battery - I recently bought the lighter adaptor.

i searched an most people connect this to the footwell adaptor.. - I don't have a footwell adaptor.

Question - do others connect the adaptor to the lighter adaptor in the centre console - under the ashtray flap? I tried but it didn't appear to start charging?

i was probably being impatient but if somebody could confirm?

Old 01-22-2015, 05:45 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mkoenigsheim
Check a little closer - it's in the left footwell kick panel on the passenger side.