997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is it Bose or Not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:31 PM
woodguy is on a distinguished road
Is it Bose or Not?

I have a 2010 C2S which apparently does not have a Bose stereo (no option on decoded VIN), but has the Bose logo on the door speakers.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the S has an upgraded stereo as standard, but have seen no details as to what that means.

Is there an easy way to tell what's behind the dash without taking the PCM out?

I want to upgrade the sound in the car, and what I can do (probably not much) will depend upon whether the system is Bose or not.

Perhaps only the speakers are Bose?

Old 03-20-2015, 02:23 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
Mine has the digital sound package (not Bose) but has the speakers have the Bose logo. I thjnk if u have bose it says bose on the certificate of authenticity

Old 03-20-2015, 02:35 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Just check and see if you have the bose subwoofer on the rear deck, assuming you don't have a cab.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:40 PM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White Rock
Just check and see if you have the bose subwoofer on the rear deck, assuming you don't have a cab.
+1, subwoofer should tell you, on cabs is on the passenger side, by the console on your feet

Old 03-20-2015, 02:43 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
If it sounds bad it's a bose!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Thanks for responding.

The car is a coupe and I just now flipped the rear seat backs down (no real reason for them to be up is there?) and there were the ports for the subwoofer labeled Bose.

Is this proof that the electronics are Bose, or are these speakers also components of the "sound package plus"?

What would the car have for sound is it did not have the Bose sound system installed? The car does have PCM with Bluetooth and the USB/ipod interface in the console.

And yes, the sound does suck, but I'm not giving up on it yet.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:10 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
U got bose

Old 03-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Would love to know how it got there - the car was a Porsche sales managers car, so I suppose anything goes.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Call me captain obvious, but maybe call him? J/k. He could've added it afterwards

Old 03-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Might be a one sided conversation - the car came from Montreal and my French is not that good. The maintenance record doesn't mention it either.

The main thing is I now know what I have to deal with if I want to upgrade the sound or add Sat radio.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:12 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by woodguy
I have a 2010 C2S which apparently does not have a Bose stereo (no option on decoded VIN), but has the Bose logo on the door speakers.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the S has an upgraded stereo as standard, but have seen no details as to what that means.

Is there an easy way to tell what's behind the dash without taking the PCM out?

I want to upgrade the sound in the car, and what I can do (probably not much) will depend upon whether the system is Bose or not.

Perhaps only the speakers are Bose?
You positive you don't have option code 680 (BOSE High End Sound Package)? Hard to believe someone would add it after purchase. Maybe ask your dealer once again to print the option list.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:20 PM

This is the reason I thought the Bose speakers might be part of the "sound package plus".

Old 03-20-2015, 05:28 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by woodguy

This is the reason I thought the Bose speakers might be part of the "sound package plus".
Sound Package Plus has 9 speakers while the Bose High End Sound Package has 13 speakers including the sub. Have you counted yet?

Old 03-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Where are they located - are any hidden?

Old 03-20-2015, 05:45 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Where did you get that list? Doesn't look like an official options list. Virtually every 997 outside of Germany was equipped with bose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it Bose or Not?