997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is this a true C4S ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 09:03 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Is this a true C4S ?

I'm thinking of buying a 997 & saw this car in the ad. It seems to look like a C4S with the big azz or (somebody did a very good job modified it.) When I check the VIN & carfax, it say nothing about C4S or 3.8L. Stupid question but is there such thing as a 3.6l C4S? The airbox in the pic look like it say 3.6L. I thought all S model are 3.8L. I just want to make sure before i pull the trigger.

Attached Images     

Last edited by MkC2S; 06-13-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:10 PM
OCT
OCT is on a distinguished road
It looks like a c2

Old 06-13-2015, 11:23 PM
speedvagen is on a distinguished road
C4S should have the dual exhausts

Old 06-13-2015, 11:29 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MkC2
I'm thinking of buying a 997 & saw this car in the ad. It seems to look like a C4S with the big azz or (somebody did a very good job modified it.) When I check the VIN & carfax, it say nothing about C4S or 3.8L. Stupid question but is there such thing as a 3.6l C4S? The airbox in the pic look like it say 3.6L. I thought all S model are 3.8L. I just want to make sure before i pull the trigger.
3.6 engine, rectangular tail pipes.....somebody glued an "S" on the back of a C4 or glued 4S on the back of a C2. Does look like a WB though. What color are the brake calipers? I bet they're black.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:47 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sandwedge
3.6 engine, rectangular tail pipes.....somebody glued an "S" on the back of a C4 or glued 4S on the back of a C2. Does look like a WB though. What color are the brake calipers? I bet they're black.
I think you're right about somebody sticking an "S" after the 4. After looking at the badge again & again. I'd noticed the spacing was off from side to side. Maybe it's a C4 not C4S.

yeah, it does look like the calipers are black.

Attached Images  

Last edited by MkC2S; 06-14-2015 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:10 AM
Hunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really nice
Originally Posted by OCT
It looks like a c2
+1 Carrera2

Old 06-14-2015, 06:11 AM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
"S" is a 3.8L regardless whether a C2 or C4, red calipers, silver face gauges, quad exhaust tips, bigger brakes etc.
C4 is wider too

Some old specs.
http://www.356-911.com/post1974/mode...sguide/997.htm

Last edited by wc11; 06-14-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:20 AM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
Here is the build sheet for the car. Clearly a Carrera 4 (and not a 4S).

Last edited by StormRune; 06-14-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:30 AM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
I came back to take another look at this and found the car on South Point's site here in Austin. It is now marked as "SOLD" so it seems to be a moot point unless you were the buyer (but the timing of your post makes that seem unlikely). Sorry, but good catch on your part that something wasn't right!

I notice that they didn't advertise it as a 4S but then again they didn't correct the badging error either - but it is possible they never even knew the difference. It may still be a nice car though if you would be happy with a non-S. You could possibly have even used the misrepresentation to get some additional savings!

Good luck in your search!

Last edited by StormRune; 06-14-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:21 AM
shammerman is on a distinguished road
How do you get the build sheet?

Originally Posted by StormRune
Here is the build sheet for the car. Clearly a Carrera 4 (and not a 4S).

Old 06-14-2015, 08:27 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Definite poser car. Good you did not fall for it.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:47 AM
See this thread: http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...n-decoder.html. Copy the link provided and insert the VIN desired. You can cancel the Print window that pops up if you don't actually want the printout... the web page with the info I copied and pasted should remain in place.

Last edited by StormRune; 06-14-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:35 AM
thank you guys for clearing that up & saving me the headache plus a few !@#%^&*!@#. lol
Does the "S" model comes with the clock on the dash or is it optional?

Originally Posted by StormRune
I came back to take another look at this and found the car on South Point's site here in Austin. It is now marked as "SOLD" so it seems to be a moot point unless you were the buyer (but the timing of your post makes that seem unlikely). Sorry, but good catch on your part that something wasn't right!

I notice that they didn't advertise it as a 4S but then again they didn't correct the badging error either - but it is possible they never even knew the difference. It may still be a nice car though if you would be happy with a non-S. You could possibly have even used the misrepresentation to get some additional savings!

Good luck in your search!
There could be a twin in Austin but the car is in Arlington, TX & still up for sale. Its been listed for months & still no takers. I'd email them to correct their ad, don't know if they'll listen. Dang it, I was hoping this the one, guess I'll keep looking.

edited: I guess they did listen, its changed to C4 now but the "S" bagde is still there. I guess they think its cool to have the "S" on.
Here's their ebay listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251994386181?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by MkC2S; 06-16-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Now that's really interesting. I know that it doesn't really matter to you anymore, but that is the same car that used to be posted at Southpoint in Austin when it only had 58,182 miles. There was no date on the posting so I thought it was the listing you were looking at, but the VINs match. The poseur S had already been added by that time Southpoint listed it.

Here is the link: http://www.southpointauto.com/web/pr...cle_v2/1580125

Old 06-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Oh yeah, I missed your other question. The "clock" in the dash is actually a stopwatch that is part of the Sport Chrono package and is only active when doing lap timing. Sport Chrono is an option in non-S models and while it is normally included in S models, a new-car buyer can opt for it to be deleted when selecting build options for the car. For most of us the timer (sometimes called the "wart") is not really useful most of the time other than being a visible indicator that the car has the Sport Chrono package.

Last edited by StormRune; 06-14-2015 at 12:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this a true C4S ?