997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need a little help?!? License Plate Fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Motams can only hope to improve
Need a little help?!? License Plate Fuse

Hi Everyone,

I made the idiotic decision to change my license plate bulbs to Led. One worked and upon installing the second they both stopped working. 2010 C4S

I believe it is a fuse issue, however for the life of me I cannot figure out which fuse it is on the panel?!? I have read it is "Fuse 11" but it only goes up to 10 for rows ABCD can someone please help? Need to drive the car tonight :/

Frustrated In Chicago

Old 09-18-2015, 05:46 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Motams
Hi Everyone,

I made the idiotic decision to change my license plate bulbs to Led. One worked and upon installing the second they both stopped working. 2010 C4S

I believe it is a fuse issue, however for the life of me I cannot figure out which fuse it is on the panel?!? I have read it is "Fuse 11" but it only goes up to 10 for rows ABCD can someone please help? Need to drive the car tonight :/

Frustrated In Chicago
Why do you think it's a fuse? Have you tried to re-install your OEM bulbs - that would tell you pretty quick if the lights are getting power or not. Also, LED's are polarity sensitive - you might just have to flip the bulbs.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:52 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Why do you think it's a fuse? Have you tried to re-install your OEM bulbs - that would tell you pretty quick if the lights are getting power or not. Also, LED's are polarity sensitive - you might just have to flip the bulbs.
+1, re-install your oem bulbs if it works or not

Old 09-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by MkC2S
+1, re-install your oem bulbs if it works or not
Hi guys!

Driver side bulb was on, put it back on, working. Remove passenger side swap, put back. Both are out, put in original bulb and nothing.

Appreciate the help!!

KC

Old 09-18-2015, 11:50 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
found a few threads that may help somewhat. G/L
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d-problem.html

http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...light-led.html

Last edited by MkC2S; 09-18-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:41 AM
Hi All,

Just to follow up, thanks for your help much appreciated.

I'll put on my "dunce cap" I should have known better. I had an hour and thought 4 Torx and 2 bulbs this should take literally 10 minutes with patience. NOPE

I ended up putting the OEM back the next day and it worked. I just have a hard time paying Suncoast $50 for LED license plate lights. Looks like there is no other option tho :/ frustrating to say the least. Benz was the same way!