997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fuses for Front Cooling Fans on 997.1? Any? Where?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 11:51 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Fuses for Front Cooling Fans on 997.1? Any? Where?

Folks,

After running a Durametric Diagnostics test on my 2006 997.1, I found out that the right side (passenger) front fan is reporting an error. I tried the activation through Durametric and realized that the right front fan is indeed not spinning. It is a little bit difficult to find out as the Durametric runs the fan for a very short little time and by the time you get to the front of the car, it is pretty much finished.

Anyway, before taking everything apart and buying a new fan, I was wondering if there are any fuses to protect these two fans and where they would be located. I could not find anything in the Fuse panel, and on the electrical schematics, the Fans seem to be connected directly to the Fan Control unit, with no obvious sign of Fuses.

Any info would be most welcome.

Yves

Old 01-04-2016, 05:16 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Old 01-05-2016, 08:54 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you MkC2S! Yes, I am leaning towards a defective Fan Control unit.

We all know that electronics is the first thing to give up on modern cars.

Yves

Old 01-06-2016, 07:58 AM
MkC2S,

As it turned out, the thread on Renntech was right on the cookie: After taking apart the front bumper, I found a small pebble in the right Fan and removed it. I then tried to warm up the engine and both fans are working fine and turning very smoothly.

I am going to install grills in front of the louvers to prevent as much as possible this kind of issues to happen again.

What are the odds that two Porsche Carrera suffering from FAN malfunctions, would be due to a small pebble stuck in the impeller?

Yves

Old 01-06-2016, 05:47 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
glad the problem was solved. I was thinking of putting a grill on mine too.

Last edited by MkC2S; 01-06-2016 at 06:15 PM.