997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

To lower or not to lower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 11:25 AM
kalamazoo is on a distinguished road
To lower or not to lower

Thinking of adding Eibach's or something equivalent for a lowered stance. Read through all the posts, some argue it's not good for the car's existing suspension components. Current car = 07 CS2 w/PASM.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks in advance,

K

Old 04-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:07 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
I just installed Eibachs Pro-Kit yesterday. Took the after pics 1 hour after picking it up from the shop. So there should be a little more settling down. Maybe a 2 or 3/8 of an inch more drop over the next few weeks. We will see and I will take more pics..

These pics taken in a kind of steep drive way so rear springs look slightly higher then when on a flat street, but should give you some idea of what Eibachs Pro kit will look like 1st day on.

1st Impressions. Definitely more planted. Definitely Stiffer, but not in a bad way. Ride quality is still good on freeways and bumpy roads, but the most noticeable difference is the rebound after a bump settles much faster. Much more direct steering and turn in. Corners way flatter. Less movement backwards and forwards under acceleration and braking. Car feels more responsive and sporty overall. Looks WAY better.

I went with Eibachs because I trust the brand and have used them in the past. I also did not want to sacrifice ride quality. I do love to drive my car a lot on the weekends and do several track days a year as well as canyon runs a few times a month and the roads in Los Angeles are crap. So I wanted something I could still live with, but handles better and looks great. I am still taking it all in since I just had them put on and have not had time to do my favorite canyon runs or track days yet, but will let you know soon how I really feel about them after I put it through its paces.

a few changes between before and after pics besides springs.. before pic tires 235/35/19 305/30/19 with 17mm oem spacer on rears.. After pic tires 245/35/19 325/30/19 with 5mm spacers front and 20mm spacer on rears.

BEFORE C4S STOCK with PASM

1st day of pickup with Eibach Pro-kit Springs installed.

BEFORE C4S STOCK with PASM

1st day of pickup with Eibach Pro-kit Springs installed.

After a month of settling.

Last edited by qikqbn; 06-04-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:24 PM
khyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond repute
lower it! I can't wait to get my eibach's on next week. Really looking forward to it.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:53 PM
sneth is on a distinguished road
i agree lowered has some appealing aesthetics.

How is the ride though? Is it like driving with sport mode all the time, because i'm not having that. Part of the reason i have the Porsche is the mix of sport and daily use.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:03 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sneth
i agree lowered has some appealing aesthetics.

How is the ride though? Is it like driving with sport mode all the time, because i'm not having that. Part of the reason i have the Porsche is the mix of sport and daily use.
The ride is more firm. Similar to a car with SPASM (sport pasm like 2011 997 GTS models), but not nearly as stiff or bumpy as sport mode with stock springs. It's like a "normal mode PLUS". Actually having sport mode on feels pretty good for sport mode. I almost feel these springs work better with sport mode then the taller stock springs did, but have not really had a chance to work it really hard yet on a canyon run. Just 1st impressions for now..

Old 04-01-2016, 10:57 PM
TCZ
TCZ is on a distinguished road
Lowering is a must. Transforms the look of any car. Pros and cons to effect on ride but you will adjust quickly and forget what it was like before lowering!

Old 04-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by qikqbn
The ride is more firm. Similar to a car with SPASM (sport pasm like 2011 997 GTS models), but not nearly as stiff or bumpy as sport mode with stock springs. It's like a "normal mode PLUS". Actually having sport mode on feels pretty good for sport mode. I almost feel these springs work better with sport mode then the taller stock springs did, but have not really had a chance to work it really hard yet on a canyon run. Just 1st impressions for now..
OK, just to follow up. I did one of my favorite canyon loops today and I gotta say... the way this setup handles is so much better then the stock springs with Pasm... Yes, it is still a firmer ride but the way my car corners now is simply awesome. In an interesting way, as I said before, I really think Sport mode in Pasm seems to work better with these springs. I think because the shock is probably doing less work to compensate for the previously soft springs setup. Sport mode now seems a little bit more fluid and less harsh and staccatto when dampening. I am really impressed with the handling improvements. Looking forward to trying her out at the track now too

Old 04-02-2016, 11:25 PM
R33_ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TCZ
Lowering is a must. Transforms the look of any car. Pros and cons to effect on ride but you will adjust quickly and forget what it was like before lowering!

What spring are you lowered on?

Old 04-03-2016, 08:42 AM
TCZ
TCZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by R33_
What spring are you lowered on?
Bilstein Damptronic Coilovers.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:50 AM
djaemac is on a distinguished road
My input.

You'll fall in love with your lowered car over and over again.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1313.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	444791  
Old 04-05-2016, 06:07 PM
khyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond repute
Just got mine lowered today with Eibach Pro-Kit. Pretty happy with the results so far.

Stock

Eibach Pro-Kit

Old 04-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by khyzersoze
Just got mine lowered today with Eibach Pro-Kit. Pretty happy with the results so far.

Stock

Eibach Pro-Kit
Looks great! would like to hear about your setup and impressions after you have had a chance to drive it on some good roads. Do you have Pasm, and what do you think of the ride?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:01 PM
My impressions were as expected, having had variations of this spring on other platforms.

Very similar ride to stock, and slightly lower. I do not have PASM.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:00 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by djaemac
My input.

You'll fall in love with your lowered car over and over again.
Yes... you will

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To lower or not to lower