997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Exhaust growl - Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:39 PM
TurboAWD is on a distinguished road
Question Exhaust growl - Suggestions

I did a search on the topic but I would like to hear from owners or people who have heard the systems personally and not just from sound clips from the websites.

I presently have Fabspeed headers and nothing else. Oh wait, I do have the cat bypass and muffler bypass from Fabspeed too.

Sounds loud? You bet! Although I can live with it, I think I have been irritating people around me long enough that they might throw a rock at me.

So I am looking for a system that sounds fantastic while not making people deaf. What do you guys think of the sound of the following systems?

Tubi
Cargraphic export
PSI full system

Any other suggestions?

Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 PM
UAE_997 is on a distinguished road
Maybe I'm old but I think the PSE is the best.. I still don't own a 997S.. but will do in couple of weeks when it arrives after 3 months of waiting..

I have test driven the 997S with the PSE and I think it sounds fantastic and you can switch it on and off when you want to.... But it won't be any where as near as loud as the Fabspeed with the Bypass..

offtopic: Are you the guy with the Blue Nissan Skyline. The one which was converted in Dubai and then sent to Philippines..

Old 12-27-2005, 11:28 PM
[i]offtopic: Are you the guy with the Blue Nissan Skyline. The one which was converted in Dubai and then sent to Philippines.. [/B]
Yes, yes I am. But it was converted at Skyline Motors in Los Angeles, shipped to Croydon in Australia for the engine /Motec works, then to Manila.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:49 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I hear the Techart exhaust sounds good on the 997....

Old 12-28-2005, 02:20 AM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road
arling just put techart racing on my car.

its loud and mean but not assinine.

check out the video/sound clip :
http://homepage.mac.com/arlingwang/i...heater119.html

its the racing mufflers NOT the sport:

pics/thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=38984

Old 12-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Doctor K will become famous soon enough
Tubi exhaust goes on this morning @ 9:00am. I will give you my impression in a few days. The fit/finish of the system is beautiful.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
HI
Its Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports. Of course your car is CRAZY LOUD and it 100% should be as specifically ordered and bought and installed our CUP muffler bypass pipes and catbypass pipes!!!!! You are running a true racing exhaust system that we supplied to your request.

If you want to tone the sound down and keep maximum performance then its very easy............we have FREEFLOW Maxflo performance mufflers along with tips that can bolt up to your stock catalytic converters or the catbypass pipes you already have and or we have sport catalytic converters too. Obviuosly, all 997 cars are quiter with the stock catalytic converters (there are 4 cats on all 996/997 cars) and GET louder and more agressive with sport cats (tuners only use 2 and catalytic converters are very efficient mufflers) and finally even louder with catbypass pipes.

Fabspeed is the ONLY company to offer 997 exhaust systems in all different configurations and components from a throaty upgrade in sportscar sound ( Maxflo mufflers) to an all out road racing system IMSA Grand American like you have chosen that we have supplied to many Daytona 24hour race teams.

Dont blame Fabspeed for too loud as we supply what customesr ask for...........mild to wild. Our quality is the worlds best.

FYI- Porsche system equipment, PSE mufflers DONT allow aftermarket headers on 997 and 997 "S" cars as the the PSE pipes interfere with the headers and therefore you are limited to that system.

have a great day

Joe Fabiani

Old 12-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
Dont blame Fabspeed for too loud as we supply what customesr ask for...........mild to wild. Our quality is the worlds best.

FYI- Porsche system equipment, PSE mufflers DONT allow aftermarket headers on 997 and 997 "S" cars as the the PSE pipes interfere with the headers and therefore you are limited to that system.

have a great day

Joe Fabiani
Hi Joe,

Not blaming you. I got what I asked for.
Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the bypass pipes. And the power it unleashed is unbelievable. I truly wish that I could keep it that way. But my neighbors are getting upset because we do our "fun runs" at 4-5am on Sunday morning. Guess it gives new meaning to "Getting up on the wrong side of the bed" for them.

FabSpeed system is great, have no complaints whatsoever.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
HI my friend........I just wanted to clarify for readers that you have the "all out race" system on your 997. I dont want someone just quickly scanning the thread to wrongly assume that Fabspeed Motorsport makes only loud 997 systems as we make mild to wild all out race systems for Porsche cars.

If you want to quite it down and keep most of the power than our race cats and Maxflo mufflers will do the trick.

Happy New Year
best regards

Joe