Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Winter wheel tire combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 03:34 PM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
Winter wheel tire combo

I have a 2012 with 21" Mulliner chrome rims. Don't want to run these in the winter. Dealer suggest 19" combo for the winter. But at $7000 seems like a nice dealer mark up.

Any suggestions in where to get rims?
I need to get factory rims as these will be covered by my tire/wheel road-hazzard warranty.

Thanks

Old 08-23-2015, 04:25 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I got a set of 19" for sale with Blizzak LM60. The rims are chrome, straight yet need refinishing and the Blizzak are in great condition. Used them the past few years yet am moving to FL. PM me if interested as will sell for low price due to rims needing refinishing. Comes with centers including B logo in black, TPMS, balanced and ready to go.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-31-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:34 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Due to receiving.... Here's the deal:

Price is very reasonable at $1600 + shipping. This lets you keep those great summer rims/tires pristine and just mount up this factory set of 19" factory rims, complete with TPMS, centers, etc and ready to go to take the winter conditions. Just mount these on the car and you're good to go. Also, they are the single-piece factory rims, which I HIGHLY recommend as multi-piece have problems (been there, done that). Single piece means no problems with salt / sand / etc getting into the multi-piece and causing even more problems... plus it is easy to refinish single piece as multi means taking them apart with some places being weary of doing that. One error and the multi-piece rims could be a death trap once the bolts start going bye-bye. We've seen that happen here on 6Speed.

So, even if you don't buy my setup please ALWAYS go single-piece rims for winter driving.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:17 AM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
can you get me a shipping quote to 11768

Thanks

Old 08-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Sure and sorry for the delay in sending you pics. Am deeply buried in work here. i'll get to this today even if it 'kills' me (and it just might!).

Old 08-31-2015, 10:47 AM
My winter tire / wheel combo is sold.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:16 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Moving to Florida???????? What the heck???

Old 08-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Yup... i'll honk as we drive by your place

Think the GTC will be right at home in FL plus now I can get the windows dark tinted without needing a State exemption. Will be thinking of you when Jack Frost comes to visit. In the drop Bentley aint no stoppin' me

Note the car he's driving at 1:05

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-31-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks richard181 for a very smooth transaction. You did an excellent job @ polishing the rims too; thus saving $$$ not getting them refurbed. Well done sir