997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

RUF 997 Kompressor DONE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:59 AM
XSrcing is on a distinguished road
RUF 997 Kompressor DONE!!!

First thought with the process and performance...WOW! Exceeded everyones expectations!

The installation process is rather long compared to other kits on the market, but everything was straight forward. Everything that might have been a potential "hang-up" has been noted and a solution has been found prior to the release of the kit.

The driving habits of the car have not been changed at all. Cruising around town at partial throttle, you would be hard pressed to know that this was not a stock 997. The only things that might give it away is the slight gear noise from the supercharger clutch engaging around 1200-1500 RPM and the fact that the engine compartment fan runs quite a bit more than normal.

On the gas, this thing is a rocket-ship. It just keeps pulling harder and harder the higher up in RPM you get. The charge-coolers work fantastic as there was no performance drop off after running the car hard for an extended period of time. I only wish I could say the same thing for my RX-7.

I have been in different facets of the aftermarket peformance industry for quite some time now and I have to say that this is by far the most thought out, and comprehensive "power-adder" kit I have ever worked with.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I forgot to add that anyone is more than welcome to come down to Ruf Auto Centre to check it out first hand.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 AM
evo_333 will become famous soon enoughevo_333 will become famous soon enough
RUF Kompressor... wow. Your car must be a blast to drive now (not that it wasn't before).

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the total kit after all is said and done (w/ installation, etc.)?

Old 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
around $22,500.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Kevin034 is on a distinguished road
you know what's funny ... that's about the same quote (including labor) as the X51 package from my local porsche dealer (Barrier Porsche, Redmond, WA).

Old 01-10-2006, 12:39 PM
karlooz is on a distinguished road
Re: RUF 997 Kompressor DONE!!!

performance numbers please, either dyno charts or timed runs.

thx!

Originally posted by XSrcing
First thought with the process and performance...WOW! Exceeded everyones expectations!

The installation process is rather long compared to other kits on the market, but everything was straight forward. Everything that might have been a potential "hang-up" has been noted and a solution has been found prior to the release of the kit.

The driving habits of the car have not been changed at all. Cruising around town at partial throttle, you would be hard pressed to know that this was not a stock 997. The only things that might give it away is the slight gear noise from the supercharger clutch engaging around 1200-1500 RPM and the fact that the engine compartment fan runs quite a bit more than normal.

On the gas, this thing is a rocket-ship. It just keeps pulling harder and harder the higher up in RPM you get. The charge-coolers work fantastic as there was no performance drop off after running the car hard for an extended period of time. I only wish I could say the same thing for my RX-7.

I have been in different facets of the aftermarket peformance industry for quite some time now and I have to say that this is by far the most thought out, and comprehensive "power-adder" kit I have ever worked with.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:50 PM
yetis is an unknown quantity at this point
How many miles did your block have before? Did they have to replace it?

Old 01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
The car had about 3000 miles on it. So no, we did not have to replace the block.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:22 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Are you doing any Ruf cosemtic mods to the car as well ?

Old 01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone around RUF in TX with an EVO kit care to visit there and make some highway side-by-side comparo's?? ...its the ONLY way to find out whats hype and whats not

Old 01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by dj
Are you doing any Ruf cosemtic mods to the car as well ?
The car already has RUF 19" wheels and is going to recieve the Rt12 front and rear bumper covers.

Originally posted by Kevin D
Anyone around RUF in TX with an EVO kit care to visit there and make some highway side-by-side comparo's?? ...its the ONLY way to find out whats hype and whats not
Are you advocating street racing??!

Kidding! I would actually love to see how they compare. A little friendly rivalry is a good thing.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:29 PM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
Bring it to San Francisco, I'll race you...

Old 01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Dyno runs will be made in a couple of days.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
WOWWEE!

That is a nice set-up! Congratulations!

Old 01-10-2006, 05:35 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
looks nice. you almost wouldn't even know it's there from appearance. it's a lot more subdued without the green and yellow parts

did you do a base line dyno before install?

how long does the entire install take from start to finish?

what psi is it running at?

this is the first one in the states, right?

what kind of "hang ups" did you encounter and when will the kit be officially ready for release?

not that it matters, but do you work for the RUF auto center?

keep us posted. curious to see the "after" dyno run.

Last edited by deputydog95; 01-10-2006 at 05:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RUF 997 Kompressor DONE!!!