997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Workshop Manual PDFs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 02:32 PM
lowkey9972 will become famous soon enoughlowkey9972 will become famous soon enough
997.2 Workshop Manual PDFs

2010 997.2 C2S Cab, PDK

I'm reaching the end of my CPO warranty and I want to learn how I can do some basic maintenance myself.

I have searched this and the Rennlist forums. Years ago (about 2012), folks had posted 997.1 or 997.2 workshop manuals - real ones that provide instructions etc.

Does anyone know how I could obtain these PDFs - either free or $$ ..

Thank you,

Old 08-19-2017, 05:40 AM
wjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud ofwjk_glynn has much to be proud of
This thread on Rennlist discusses a particular seller on eBay. I bought that item, and it is as described.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ce-manual.html

Note that it can take a few days to get the unique download link.

Here's the same item resisted - http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-997-...-/142461598110

Karl.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:18 PM
lowkey9972 will become famous soon enoughlowkey9972 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
This thread on Rennlist discusses a particular seller on eBay. I bought that item, and it is as described.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ce-manual.html

Note that it can take a few days to get the unique download link.

Here's the same item resisted - http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-997-...-/142461598110

Karl.

Thanks so much - I'll order a copy. Helps to know that it is legit and someone has ordered it recently.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:57 AM
Quick update … ordered the manual yesterday and the link arrived by e-mail today. It’s 601MB in a ZIP file, which expands out into PDF containing 8028 pages.

It really is a detailed document with pretty clear instructions for removing parts etc. For searching, I’ve tried a few “finds” (CTRL+F) and that works just fine for me. Takes a while, but the document is large!

If nothing else ... this gives me a great way to learn and validate the work required, before I go to a mechanic.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:25 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Does it also cover the Turbo models or just the NA Carrera?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Does it also cover the Turbo models or just the NA Carrera?
Yes it does have Turbos listed (and GT3s). If a specific section does not apply to certain models, it clearly states that at the top of the section.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Can you verify if it has info on the turbo's themselves and anything specific to the Mezger engine?

Old 08-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Can you verify if it has info on the turbo's themselves and anything specific to the Mezger engine?
Just completed a search for "Mezger" and no occurrences were found. That may suggest there is nothing specific for that model of engine. Plenty of occurrences of Turbo Coupe, Turbo S Coupe, Turbo S Cab though.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:54 PM
powahousealex is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone have a link or know where i can find it ?

Old 10-20-2018, 04:57 PM
jimfuerst is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have the email contact of the fellow from whom you ordered the manual?

thanks

Jim

Old 10-25-2018, 08:19 AM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road
I ordered the same pdf to help out on more technical troubleshooting. The only downside is knowing how to search and typing in correctly what's needed but making sure you have it labeled correctly. Case in point to speed up my tear down process on the rearend. It's not front or rear facia or bumper covers they are referred to as aprons. And by not knowing this makes the search a little more troublesome. But once found shows all nuts bolts torque specs anything information wise needed for tearing down or repairing the 997s. Also don't bother clicking on the hyper links, it will just say your not logged in unable to access. But definitely a must have for any DYIer that doesn't have much xp with 911s or 997s and wants that little bit of confidence to jump into a routine maintenance job or something bigger. Was extremely helpful for me.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Nastee_C4S
I ordered the same pdf to help out on more technical troubleshooting. The only downside is knowing how to search and typing in correctly what's needed but making sure you have it labeled correctly. Case in point to speed up my tear down process on the rearend. It's not front or rear facia or bumper covers they are referred to as aprons. And by not knowing this makes the search a little more troublesome. But once found shows all nuts bolts torque specs anything information wise needed for tearing down or repairing the 997s. Also don't bother clicking on the hyper links, it will just say your not logged in unable to access. But definitely a must have for any DYIer that doesn't have much xp with 911s or 997s and wants that little bit of confidence to jump into a routine maintenance job or something bigger. Was extremely helpful for me.

I bought the CD manual...should be very helpful..thanks

Old 10-29-2018, 09:02 AM
What did you find easily doable as far as maintenance? My CPO runs out in spring. I just purchased the car...I am pretty mechanically inclined.

What do you use for jacking points?

thanks

Jim

Old 11-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jimfuerst
What did you find easily doable as far as maintenance? My CPO runs out in spring. I just purchased the car...I am pretty mechanically inclined.

What do you use for jacking points?
The pdf file has over 8000 pages of the 997.2s how to's on anything and everything related to the vehicle. I believe i paid $14.99 for the download, to me well worth the $15. As far as getting the vehicle on jack stands, there are round mounts(that look like donuts) under vehicle between the tires on both sides these are your jack points. : you jack up on the jack point in front of rear tire which will lift the side of vehicle up , just jack high enough to get a stand under neath the front jack point do the same for the other side. Just make sure that the u shape of the floor jack is left to right. Once the front is on jack stands go to the rear underside of engine rear of oil pan and front of center exhaust there is a part of the engine you can use to lift the rear completely off ground. Then you just jack up from there and place final 2 jack stands infront of rear tires at the jack points. Just make sure the rear 2 jack stands are the opposite of the front, fronts should be side to side and the rear front to back. Sounds confusing but is super easy.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:14 PM
Thank you, that is very helpful. I now have the manual and those are good suggestions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.