997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is there any intake for the 997.2 worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 06:16 AM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Is there any intake for the 997.2 worth it?

I have read nothing really impacts hp and tq in the 997.2 with changing the air intake. I am checking other members as a vendor lists 16hp and 15 tq with their air intake. Even in my 996tt there didn't seem to be an aftermarket that really did any decent benefit so the stock was the better route. Any of them out there truly make any power for the 997.2?

Old 09-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Redhot2474 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
I have read nothing really impacts hp and tq in the 997.2 with changing the air intake. I am checking other members as a vendor lists 16hp and 15 tq with their air intake. Even in my 996tt there didn't seem to be an aftermarket that really did any decent benefit so the stock was the better route. Any of them out there truly make any power for the 997.2?

Long debated, but finally put to rest - gasongasoff screen name on Rennlist ran some test with stock and fabspeed intake and did indeed confirm that it makes additional power in specific RPM ranges - I have one and it sounds great, and pulls hard(er)from 5k on ...this coupled with 2" gundo and center muffler delete ,ECU flash and u have a nice package....

Old 11-06-2017, 01:46 AM
Fbrooksr is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, it does.

I did it myself with a Fabspeed Cold Air Induction (carbon fiber), and it made a difference I could feel. All anecdotal, no testing, except on the road. It accelerates stronger at higher RPMs. There is a change in sound as well. Some like it, some don't. It takes a few romps on the accelerator to get used to it, then you are good with it. Sounds wicked! Easy change over.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:01 PM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Anyone ever see these in the classified section?

Old 11-09-2017, 06:11 PM
I bought a Fabspeed so I am hoping for a little extra hp and see how the sound changes. First mod on the car for me.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a .1, but find the throttle response much better and on my supercharged car with forced induction and full aftermarket exhaust it allows for more air in and out of the engine - car runs superbly with it installed.

On any of these open air filter systems, I also like to put over the filters a hydro-phobic pre-filter which repels water; keeps your filter elements from getting saturated when you drive in the rain and prevents moisture from being sucked in through the intake. When your intake comes, measure the length and top and bottom plates of the filters, then go to the K&N website where they list the specs on all of their pre-filters and you can find one that is the right fit. They just slip over the filters and come in red, yellow, blue, or black in most sizes. They make regular pre-filter and the hydro-photbic versions, so make sure you look up the right type, then you can just order them off of amazon.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
I did it myself with a Fabspeed Cold Air Induction (carbon fiber), and it made a difference I could feel. All anecdotal, no testing, except on the road. It accelerates stronger at higher RPMs. There is a change in sound as well. Some like it, some don't. It takes a few romps on the accelerator to get used to it, then you are good with it. Sounds wicked! Easy change over.
How would you describe the change in sound? Between the X51 headers on the GTS, the PSE and the Sharkwerks bypass pipes I'm near perfection to my senses at least and don't want to ruin it.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Mine shows up tomorrow so I will have it installed on Saturday and will give feedback by Sunday.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Mine shows up tomorrow so I will have it installed on Saturday and will give feedback by Sunday.
Steve, you should do a DME reset after installing to let the car relearn the proper fuel trims with the change in available intake air flow. Simplest way to do this is to disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes (don't latch the hood while it's disconnected). Don't worry about the PSM and other warning lights that come on after the restart - they'll clear themselves as soon as you dive off. Once you get the oil temp up to 200, do some long gear pulls into the higher RPMs to let it learn through the full rev range.

The car will eventually redo the fuel trims on it's own - this just speeds up the process and will let you feel the difference the intake will make sooner.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Awesome - keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions!

Old 11-18-2017, 02:23 PM

Install was simple but a bit unhappy with the fitment considering the price. I did disconnect the battery so I should have it running right out of the gate. It pulls harder as others stated around 5500 rpm as well as the engine noise comes alive around the same rpm range.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.