997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Aftermarket Stereo Breakthrough!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarket Stereo Breakthrough!

Keep your stock head unit and Add, Ipod, XM, Sirius, amps, and whatever else you want using this hub!
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?page_id=192

Old 05-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned
vincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to behold
Pretty cool stuff
Shawn your on it!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Its only 299 at Sound advice and lets you run,

Compatible with:
MP3 players, including iPod®, CD players, DVD players, Mini Disc players, Cassette players, Satellite Radio tuners, Portable and Mobile TV systems, Personal Computers and PDA’s, Game Consoles, Navigation Systems, Hands-free phone kits, Camcorders, Parking Assist Systems

Old 05-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Ranfni is on a distinguished road
How much horsepower does it add? 50-60 I think. lol

Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Old 05-05-2006, 11:48 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I had something like that on my g35 and just connected it to my aux input. However I believe our cars are different so is it even compatible with the MOST fiber optic system our cars are equipped with? The only device I know that's compatible is still in preproduction after all these years is the dension icelink.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ranfni
How much horsepower does it add? 50-60 I think. lol
Hey, Whats that "OLD" Porsche doing in the 997 section?

Very funny Rob, Get some new material!

Old 05-05-2006, 07:36 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
It only works on head units with aux inputs and it's just an auto signal switcher. That means that it won't work on cars with MOST. Icelink is a better alternative when it comes out.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Shawn. That looks awesome. Have you had it installed yet? Or do we know for sure that it works with the 997? I didn't know what form the aux. input took on our car (i.e. line/RCA, optical, etc.). If that works it's exactly what I need. - Russ

Old 05-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I havnt done it yet. I am getting a quote for a whole system.

Old 05-06-2006, 08:45 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
It will be interesting to see how they handle the iPod connection to the box. Ideally it would charge the iPod at the same time, but I doubt that is possible unless they make a connector specifically for this. I look forward to hearing your impressions if you get it installed. - Russ

Old 05-06-2006, 06:09 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Shawn. That looks awesome. Have you had it installed yet? Or do we know for sure that it works with the 997? I didn't know what form the aux. input took on our car (i.e. line/RCA, optical, etc.). If that works it's exactly what I need. - Russ
Will not work on a 997