997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cars in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Signal-9 is infamous around these parts
Cars in Canada

Hi guys,

has a question for anyone that might know.

If I were moving to Canada, am I better off buying my Porsche in the USA and taking it with me? Or just buy it once I am in Canada?

Second, does anyone know what the restrictions or limits are on Tinting in Canada, if any? Vancouver BC, if it matters..

thanks guys..

Old 06-29-2006, 12:47 AM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
definitely buy your car in the US.. you'll save a boat load of $$$.. contact canada customs and revenue agency for procedures on how to import a US car... you'll save tons of dough..

good luck

Old 06-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
import duty is 6.1%, you will save a lot when buying Porsche from US. But there is a rumor said PCNA CANCELS ALL WARRANTIES ON US IMPORTS EFFECTIVE JULY 1

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=279013

Old 06-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Signal-9 is infamous around these parts
wow, that other thread is an interesting read..

So I have to pay 6.1% import duty on the car? Do I have to pay this on all my cars?

yeesh...

Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 AM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
i am canadian, it is not complicated to import it but if you are moving there must be some procedure if it is your personal car that you dont pay anythin. Be careful, it is not the duty that will get you but in canada we pay 15.56% tax. Here is an example. A nice 997s cab equipped well in canada will run you about $135 cdn. That is about $120 k u.s.

From what i know you can pick this up in the u.s. for about $90K. I know of a few leasing companies that get all their cars in the usa and no problem for service.

good luck.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Banned
997Vancity is infamous around these parts
The rumour is not true...I know a guy who does all the work to bring it over for a small fee but its worth the hassle. Pm me if you want his number.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:25 AM
rebe1 is infamous around these parts
Make sure you get it programmed for Daytime Running Lights. Even if you have Sports Chrono option, make sure that the selection of DRL lets you turn on the DRL (I just had an issue today, and at the end, there's an option on PIWIS program that will determine if DRL is really controllable by the sports chrono option).

Old 07-03-2006, 09:58 AM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
With the recent and substantial swing in the currency exchange strengthening the Canuck buck Porsche in Canada will have to restructure their pricing. If not, hello gray market.....

Check the website(s) for the Ministry Of Transportation in the Province of British Columbia for the rules and regs on tinting, radar detectors, exhaust, etc.

Ray,
Warranty means **** when you heavily mod the car but with this global economy how can Porsche substantiate a position where they wouldn't honour a U.S. car on our side of the 49th??

Old 07-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Good thing that PCNA stands 100% behind their warranty in US and Canada for any cars purchased from US or Canada. Its those dealers that are scheming.

Originally Posted by CamNeelyphile
With the recent and substantial swing in the currency exchange strengthening the Canuck buck Porsche in Canada will have to restructure their pricing. If not, hello gray market.....

Check the website(s) for the Ministry Of Transportation in the Province of British Columbia for the rules and regs on tinting, radar detectors, exhaust, etc.

Ray,
Warranty means **** when you heavily mod the car but with this global economy how can Porsche substantiate a position where they wouldn't honour a U.S. car on our side of the 49th??

Old 07-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've talk to my local services manager and confirm dealers did not received any official notice from PCNA about warranty cancel on US cars.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm telling you, PCNA was never behind this. It was the Canadian dealerships who wanted to band together in a way to help stop the importation of cars. PCNA did not condone their efforts and ordered the Canadian dealerships to honour the warranty. Unfortunately the Canadian dealerships will still make it harder for us to obtain warranty servicing by booking us well in the future.

Originally Posted by Ray
I've talk to my local services manager and confirm dealers did not received any official notice from PCNA about warranty cancel on US cars.