997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Homelink Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by g5pilot
and what does it mean if the LED in the overhead panel NEVER lights/flashes with any combination of switch pushing/holding? (2005 911 S)
means your ignition switch is off

Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM
g5pilot is on a distinguished road
ignition OFF would be way too easy; it's been ON for all attempts.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:15 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Fuse??

Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Fuse??
Great thought but I can't identify which fuse protects Homelink. I don't notice any other systems obviously unpowered and the fuse charts has no reference to Homelink--thanks

Old 09-14-2013, 05:32 AM
xam
xam is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by g5pilot
and what does it mean if the LED in the overhead panel NEVER lights/flashes with any combination of switch pushing/holding? (2005 911 S)
I have the same issue on my 2005...am waiting to handle it next time I take car in for repair/service. From researching the forums it doesn't appear to be a fuse issue. The car needs to be taken to Porsche for a "handover reset" procedure that must be done with PIWIS...something the dealer is supposed to be able to do in 5 minutes. If your car happens to have heated seats, they tend to not work either when this is the problem.

Apparently if your battery is slowly drained to the point it dies, the ECU starts disabling components to save power (including Homelink). When this happens, there is nothing you can do but have a dealer reset it. If you happen to have the Durametric...this won't help to reset this either. To clarify, this issue does not come from disconnecting the battery...but from a slowly draining battery - another good reason to keep a trickle charger on the car if it sits at all.

Worse case if that doesn't get, the Homelink control unit in the bumper could be faulty. But most likely the handover reset will get it though.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Marshal_Mercer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mdrums
I can't get the Homlink to work on my garage door!!!!! the instructions are confusing too.
It sounds as though you have a 'rolling codes', transceiver (the one attached to the motor drive unit), as do I.
The trick is to have the transceiver within a few feet of your car, then follow the Homelink's and the Porsche's instructions to link the two. Just be sure to leave enough room so that you can stand on a ladder or chair to "train" your transceiver to the car. Having another person operating the car-side of things is also good. FWIW: I have not been able to link through the handheld transmitter, but the using the transceiver method works every time.

That said, you may have to re-train any hand-held or wall-mounted transmitters after you're done. The codes sometimes change, accidentally.

Cheers,
Marshal

Old 09-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Thanks. Great input. When the car was delivered the battery had drained but not dead--would not start the car. Sounds like you may be right on point. I really appreciate the feedback!!

Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 PM
s4alex is on a distinguished road
Sorry to bring this back from the dead.... but I am having a similar issue.

I just picked up a new to me 2009 C2S. My homelink is not functioning.

Homelink? No lights at all when pushing any of the buttons. Have made sure ignition was on no lights. But, still nothing.
Seat heaters? They work.

Once thing I do notice, on the PCM:

If you select:

Info
Option
Set PCM System
Reset
Vehicle Handover

Is this the same thing?

Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 PM
jets is on a distinguished road
You check fuses? On my 997.1 there is an amber light that illuminates when any of the 3 homelink buttons are pressed.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by jets
You check fuses? On my 997.1 there is an amber light that illuminates when any of the 3 homelink buttons are pressed.
Yeah, checked all the fuses and they all lit up.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by s4alex
Yeah, checked all the fuses and they all lit up.
What was "all lit up"? Thought you said that you had no lights with any buttons. Are you getting the amber lights when you push the Homelink buttons? Can be hard to see unless you're looking directly at it or you're in a dark garage. If you are getting lights then it's a programming issue.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:20 AM
shammerman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Red Blur
On my old S2000 my cousin somehow programmed it, so when I flashed my brights, it would open the garage door. To this day, that's the best mod, I've ever had on a car. Everytime I came home I felt like James Bond...
I need to get that done on my Z8!

Old 01-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by shammerman
I need to get that done on my Z8!
You can do it on a Harley -
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...oor-opener-kit

Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Had no problem with the 08 Carrera but the 06 Cayenne was a bear.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
What was "all lit up"? Thought you said that you had no lights with any buttons. Are you getting the amber lights when you push the Homelink buttons? Can be hard to see unless you're looking directly at it or you're in a dark garage. If you are getting lights then it's a programming issue.
Sorry, the fuse tester. Grounded on the frame and proceeded to touch each fuse to make sure they were good. Tester showed all fuses are good. Not burnt fuses.

When I push the buttons, no lights at all. The only lights that show are when I turn on the headlights. I know those are not part of the the Homelink system but part of the interior illumination.

I have held down the buttons for a lot longer than the required 20 seconds, no lights, solid or blinking.
I have pushed momentarily and steadily individual buttons, no lights, solid or blinking.

I have verified that I do have the module and that it is connected firmly in the front bumper.

Last edited by s4alex; 01-19-2015 at 11:47 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Homelink Question