997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Homelink Question

Old 01-19-2015, 02:53 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s4alex
Sorry, the fuse tester. Grounded on the frame and proceeded to touch each fuse to make sure they were good. Tester showed all fuses are good. Not burnt fuses.

When I push the buttons, no lights at all. The only lights that show are when I turn on the headlights. I know those are not part of the the Homelink system but part of the interior illumination.

I have held down the buttons for a lot longer than the required 20 seconds, no lights, solid or blinking.
I have pushed momentarily and steadily individual buttons, no lights, solid or blinking.

I have verified that I do have the module and that it is connected firmly in the front bumper.
Are the interior map lights working? Sounds like no power getting to the Homelink switches - bad connection??

Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 PM
s4alex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Are the interior map lights working? Sounds like no power getting to the Homelink switches - bad connection??
Yeah, as of now, this is the only thing not working. Well, besides this and the TPMS. But that is because I have my old Boxster 18s on with no sensors while I am waiting for my new wheel from the shop.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
OK.. I was unsure of posting the resolution to my conundrum of why Homelink wasn't working, but I am happy to say, it is now working.

Along with the new sensors I installed on the 18s, all modules are up and running.

So, yes, I did check ALL fuses installed, and they were all working.

So, as I was reading the forum and one thread was asking exactly what fuse was for Homelink. I thought that would be good to know, so that I can test any other equipment options that use the same fuse or at least test power to the fuse and out to see if there is a short or break somewhere.

Once I figure it wasn't listed as "Homelink" but "Network" I could now test.

No fuse. hmm.. well, lets put one in there. Yay. Works.

I really wish they would label it a little better.

But, so yeah.. it was the fuse, rather, lack of a fuse. And since nothing else shares that fuse, I had no idea that there wasn't supposed to be a fuse in that slot.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:51 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
OK.. I was unsure of posting the resolution to my conundrum of why Homelink wasn't working, but I am happy to say, it is now working.

Along with the new sensors I installed on the 18s, all modules are up and running.

So, yes, I did check ALL fuses installed, and they were all working.

So, as I was reading the forum and one thread was asking exactly what fuse was for Homelink. I thought that would be good to know, so that I can test any other equipment options that use the same fuse or at least test power to the fuse and out to see if there is a short or break somewhere.

Once I figure it wasn't listed as "Homelink" but "Network" I could now test.

No fuse. hmm.. well, lets put one in there. Yay. Works.

I really wish they would label it a little better.

But, so yeah.. it was the fuse, rather, lack of a fuse. And since nothing else shares that fuse, I had no idea that there wasn't supposed to be a fuse in that slot.
Good to hear!! So what slot was the fuse supposed to be in?

Old 02-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Good to hear!! So what slot was the fuse supposed to be in?

Good question!! Not sure why I didn't post that info...

This is the fuse location:

Fuse Holder B
Slot 6
Label: CU ON BOARD COMP. NETWORK
Fuse: 7.5A

Old 05-06-2020, 03:36 PM
ptsmonteiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Good question!! Not sure why I didn't post that info...

This is the fuse location:

Fuse Holder B
Slot 6
Label: CU ON BOARD COMP. NETWORK
Fuse: 7.5A
Thanks a lot for sharing this. I have to same “no lights” problem. Will check the fuse.

Pedro

Old 05-10-2020, 08:28 AM
hottnsx will become famous soon enoughhottnsx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ptsmonteiro
Thanks a lot for sharing this. I have to same “no lights” problem. Will check the fuse.

Pedro
Same here. Never could get it to work. Just figured it was my garage door setup. Glad I stumbled on to this.